Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Dual Exhaust Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 09:11 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Dual Exhaust Question

Here's the link to Ford's Dual Exhaust for the V6;

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...tKeyField=9910
Old 09-18-2007, 09:12 PM
silstang23
2nd Gear Member

Yeah and Im sure charges a good bit. How much was that set up with X-pipe and midpipe 07 stang? Pipes are universal right? Therefore I would be able to put flowmasters on the midpipe?
Old 09-18-2007, 09:15 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: silstang23

Yeah and Im sure charges a good bit. How much was that set up with X-pipe and midpipe 07 stang? Pipes are universal right? Therefore I would be able to put flowmasters on the midpipe?
Pypes still may be having a sale on their X-pipe exhaust. I paid $315....I think the sale is around $275 which is a great deal! Let me check.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:25 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

I didn't see a sale at the Pypes website but I see V6MustangStuff is selling it for $299 which is still cheaper than what I paid.

Here's a link for Pypes Performance;

http://www.pysales.com/iwwidb.pvx?;multi_item_submit

V6Mustang Stuff;

http://v6mustangstuff.com/05V6Exhaust.htm

Old 09-18-2007, 11:10 PM
angera

Can you buy the parts seperately? Like the one girl got the GT stock mufflers and I dunno what else she did? Or do you have to buy a kit like on the link you showed? Is there an advantage to X vs H?

What would the average price be to buy all the junk and install it? Does it void your warranty if it isn't done by the dealer?

Old 09-18-2007, 11:46 PM
OIIIIO
4th Gear Member

I have the Super 44s . I used to have the super 40s but I'm much happier now. My setup soundsstronger and deeper.

So I take my 2005 V6 mustang into a shop around town to get dual flowmaster exhaust and he said he cant do it unless I get two "over the axel pipes" from Ford. Is this true. He said he can build an H-pipe but cant do it without the other pipes and he cant build the over the axel pipes because of the bending in the pipe. When I called around to get estimates from other shops they said nothing about getting other pipes from Ford. Any information from any other V6ers who got duals will greatly appreciated. Also what 40 series did you put on your V6: original 40, delta 40, super 40, or super 44? Are you happy with the sound? Is it deep or ricey? I know we have V6's but I don't want it to sound ricey at all like all the other import lawnmowers out there. LOL!!
Old 09-19-2007, 01:07 AM
silstang23
2nd Gear Member

oh really. I asked about the super 44s and they said it wouldn't sound good on the V6 because it doesnt put out enough pressure..its a big muffler. So you have a good deep tone. Deeper than super 40s? What kind of set up do you have OIIIIO?
Old 09-19-2007, 01:53 AM
OIIIIO
4th Gear Member

Like I said, deeper tone than my former super 40s. Like you, I was worried about that too........ but no negative issues. I have it with H pipe.

oh really. I asked about the super 44s and they said it wouldn't sound good on the V6 because it doesnt put out enough pressure..its a big muffler. So you have a good deep tone. Deeper than super 40s? What kind of set up do you have OIIIIO?
Old 09-19-2007, 03:46 AM
JimC

Hey thanks JimC. You answered a lot of questions!! I have heard some advantages and disvantages for both H pipe and X pipe. Do you know what would be best for a V6 going duals. Im doing Flowmasters and I thought I'd have it done today but them told me I have to get a midpipe. BUMMER!!
I can't really tell you the difference, I went with the X and am very happy with the sound. Performance wise everyone says dual exhaust doesn't change things much (although the better flowing exhaust, even going single GT or aftermarket) does free things up a little. With my set up, it "feels" like there is some more torque, but nothing to back that up.

I found that the single Flowmaster AT was too loud for me on the highway after I changed to 3.73's - it put the engine right in the range that it droned and I couldn't hear anything inside at 70-75 mph. Great sound, but didn't meet my needs with the other changes.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:45 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

u can either buy a dual/cat-back system for the V6's on v6mustangstuff.com, but their really expensive and the true duals w/o a mid pipe sound sheety. U could do like I did and just buy separate parts u need and have the mechanic/exhaust guy weld it together and install it. To do this u need to buy a mid-pipe(gt-takeoff h's r cheap), get used overaxel pipes from a gt or buy them from Ford, and buy a set of 2 mufflers(GT axelback). That's what u need to do that. I did that and saved enough money on the mid pipe and overaxels that I got shorty headers too. Installed, this whole project will run me under $1k. Pretty Good! Hope this helps!

Quick Reply: Dual Exhaust Question