Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New Bumper...

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 11:42 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Default New Bumper...

I ordered my new GT take-off front bumper and grill today. Too bad I was "forced" to do it due to a wreck.

Anyway, my original plan was to get GT rockers and a GT rear bumper. But I am considering leaving the rockers black, and getting a GT 500 rear bumper and putting the CDC classic chin spoiler on the front and leaving it black.

Which do you all think would look better on Windveil blue. The black trim, or standard windveil blue GT take off stuff?
Old 09-21-2007, 12:08 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

Default RE: New Bumper...

so you're gonna have the GT fog lights, huh.......uuuugh....its cool and all but i'm just NOT a supporter of V6's looking like GT's. good luck with your installs. now you need some deep dish wheels. those are sick.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:10 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

ORIGINAL: Sancho805

so you're gonna have the GT fog lights, huh.......uuuugh....its cool and all but i'm just NOT a supporter of V6's looking like GT's. good luck with your installs. now you need some deep dish wheels. those are sick.
I had to get the GT grill to fit the bumper. I would prefer to have a black billet grill but the only one i could find was $300+. The end result should have no fogs. I was under the impression you could not use the V6 grill on the GT bumper and also that you had to have the grill to put the billet grill over the front.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:26 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

the chrome billet grill with the GT rockers will look VERY NICE. add some tribar pony badges to your fender and you gota winner. oh yeah, dont forget about some new wheels and door mirror covers that match your body color.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:44 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

ORIGINAL: Sancho805

the chrome billet grill with the GT rockers will look VERY NICE. add some tribar pony badges to your fender and you gota winner. oh yeah, dont forget about some new wheels and door mirror covers that match your body color.
Wheels are coming at the beginning of the year I hope. But I can't stand chrome grill's, it's gotta be black or nothing.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:37 PM
68XR7
2nd Gear Member

As far as your trim is concerned. It is my opinion that cars with metalicpaint, like yourslook better with matching trim. However, I think that cars without metalic paint ( Such as Sonic blue and yellow) look better with black trim. Once again, just my opinion.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:45 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

ORIGINAL: 68XR7

As far as your trim is concerned. It is my opinion that cars with metalicpaint, like yourslook better with matching trim. However, I think that cars without metalic paint ( Such as Sonic blue and yellow) look better with black trim. Once again, just my opinion.
Damn you are right on the money. I could never pin point what the factor was that made black trim look good on some and bad on others, but that makes perfect sense.

There were a couple of cars on the forums that had a "feel" I wanted, but there are so many cars that look good it's hard to figure out what it is I want.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:00 PM
68XR7
2nd Gear Member

Before I get nailed by someone, I should correct an error. Sonic blue has some metalic in the paint. But it has a different look. I think that you know whatI mean. Think about the older Mach 1's, Grabber Blue is one of the colors that I'm thinking of. They looked absolutely beautiful trimmed in black.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:05 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

matching trim and chrome/billet accessories. but then again, thats just my opinion also.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:25 PM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

I'd go with the GT front bumper, GT rocker panels, and GT rear bumper (not only is it lower, and gives a more agressive stance, but also keeps the OEM look) then a CDC classic chin spoiler, and black billitt grill w/o fog lights (black with w/b looks really nice), and maybe a cervini GT500 hood.

then I'd go with polished deepdish wheels.

Quick Reply: New Bumper...