Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

whats glass pack?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 02:45 AM
proper
2nd Gear Member

Default whats glass pack?

whats a glass pack ? my friend was telling me about a different type of muffler thats called a glass pack ?
Old 09-22-2007, 03:55 AM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

Default RE: whats glass pack?

A glasspack is an older style muffler that is a straight-through design and fiberglass surroundings that absorb some of the sound. It is a loud muffler, and Cherry Bomb is one of the most popular brands of this type of muffler. If you want my opinion, these would not sound good on our V6's, but sound sweet on V8's. But I think I've made myself clear that I don't like the sound of our V6 exhaust unless it's stock, so make your own judgement. I don't know of anyone who has a glasspack setup on their V6, but I'm sure there is someone out there.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:06 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

1+ I have the magnapacks on mine and they are similar in that they are a straight thru design and loud on WOT esp after the S/C. Nice deep tone for the V8. Basketballord your rear tire looks low unless you are drag racing or something fill that puppy up!
Old 09-22-2007, 08:28 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

My father-in-law has Glass packs on his Suburban and yes, they are loud....too loud for me. I know his neighbors cringe when he gets up early in the mornings and starts it up.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:11 PM
proper
2nd Gear Member

o ok thanks guys!
Old 09-22-2007, 08:04 PM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mygt500

1+ I have the magnapacks on mine and they are similar in that they are a straight thru design and loud on WOT esp after the S/C. Nice deep tone for the V8. Basketballord your rear tire looks low unless you are drag racing or something fill that puppy up!
There is a dip in the asphalt in my driveway, so it just looks like they're low lol thanks for watchin' out for me though!
Old 09-22-2007, 08:08 PM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

btw mygt500, sweet-a$$ ride. That Cervini's kit is pimp.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:05 PM
bulldawg

i have it on mine. cherry bomb cut in to the intermediate pipe. nice sound at idle and really wakes up at wot. yea is loud but i like it. going to do the same on left side with x pipe from magnaflow and make turndowns right before axel pipe. no exhaust showing. not as mean as on an old v-8 but sounds good.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:34 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

I heard that back in the day, kids would blast water up the exhaust pipes on their glass packs after running the carto shatter it. Supposedly it sounded better.. [&:]
Old 09-24-2007, 07:43 PM
alsoknownazg
3rd Gear Member

lol i heard that you werent supposed to shoot water up the exhaust......but if you wanna b different go with flowmasters!!!!
Todos los persones have mangaflows, except me

Quick Reply: whats glass pack?