Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Car Stalls when shifted to reverse( FORD SAYS ITS.....)

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 12:51 AM
ezell504
1st Gear Member

Default Car Stalls when shifted to reverse( FORD SAYS ITS.....)

ok, my car had had previous problems when i shift into reverse, it hesitates. My car is an Automatic and the dealership said it was the solenoid which is abothe the tranny and it regulates the gears. SUPPOSEDLY they switched it out at a houston dealership and since my car is under warranty it was free but the car still does it so it makes me think did they do SH*T at all. they keep my car all night but the invoice saud it only took 4 hours anf labor was 238, and parts 217. does this sound about right? give me your input
Old 10-03-2007, 01:10 AM
Caladius

Default RE: Car Stalls when shifted to reverse( FORD SAYS ITS.....)

now u say it hesitates. do you mean you pop it in reverse and it gets hung up in neutral (from drive)? or does it take a few seconds for the car to registered youve moved your shifter?

my car gets hung up in neutral when i go from drive to reverse... its been like that for awhile and my dealer said they couldnt verify the problem exists.... so i said screw it and let it go. let me know what your dealer does for you if u decide to take it back and complain or something, im very curious about this situation.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:48 AM
petestang

I had this same problem with my car..I would put it in reverse, hit the gas to go, and it would sit there...finally it would become "unstuck" and jerk back. I took it to Ford, and they took everything apart and said they could't find anything wrong. They changed the fluid and everything, and ever since then I haven't had a problem
Old 10-03-2007, 05:26 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Yeah, I got the problem too, but only after I used my SCT tuner this problem happened. So for me, it was that, I don't no what it is for u guys. It probably has to do with the computer.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:26 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Which Houston dealership? Do you step on the gas right after putting it into reverse or do you wait a second?
Old 10-03-2007, 10:13 AM
ezell504
1st Gear Member

I went to HELFMAN FORD. Great staff and everything but the problem still occurs. Ill throw it in reverse and remove my feet off the break after 1 SECOND and it will sit there as if it is in neutral then jerk or pop into gear. Its aggrevating the hell out of me. i want my car at 100% not 99.4%. true i could live with it but i dont wanna
Old 10-03-2007, 10:24 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Come to the Houston cruise this month and we can all take a look at it and maybe figure something out, at least a direction on what to do.

Did you see the thread about the cruise?
Old 10-03-2007, 10:26 AM
boss 244
3rd Gear Member

MIne did that also after I installed a tune, I used the sct to raise the neutral rpms and that solved it.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:12 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Thanx, it's a little annoying. What is ur neutral rpm's at now? I wanna fix mine.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:16 PM
s2k
5th Gear Member

werid.

Quick Reply: Car Stalls when shifted to reverse( FORD SAYS ITS.....)