Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Tune ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 11:20 AM
Rhino77
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Tune ?

ORIGINAL: SteelStang05

Rhino, yeah gains for u would probably be in the 1-4hp range(not worth the $280) but if it wasn't a tunable cai and u have no other options to spend money on bolt-ons(me almost(udp still ?ing)).
YeahtheVMP is a tubeable CAI, I've just been curious as to what the differences are between the C&L, and the VMP. Is the Maf sensor larger, or just the maf housing?
Old 10-04-2007, 11:27 AM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

I presume when you say "you will spin" you are running a stock rear end configuration. I installed a Tlok diff' way back when and she's gotta be power braked to get her to spin them up.
I'm running a modified 93 street perf' tune from b a m a and she'll giddyup for sure but she won't spin or smoke em without power breaking first.
I believe my tune is darn near race perf' where responsiveness is concerned but I did have economy in mind too so maybe that's the difference. With all my mods by the way, I get an average of 28.5 MPG highway on a long trip. So she's suckin a bit more fuel than otherwise could be. Still I love my lil' pony even more now after taking her on a road trip. She's schueet!

ORIGINAL: Dwisforme05

get the 93 race! you will love it. i just got my car dyno'd ( post in the general s197 section) and now it performs amazing! i hads the canned 93 tune and you feel a difference but just waite till you feel the race tune. he recomends that you dont use it on the street but when we went for a test drive after he dyno tuned my car he said you just have to be carefull. if u stomp it you WILL spin. just gotta feather it if ur next to a cop lol
Old 10-04-2007, 11:31 AM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

Thanx guys! Going C&L with it then probably, won't hurt to have more air if it's tuned for it. Dwisforme, Do u spin if if u stomp on it from a roll? I can see that happening cause u don't have a t-lok(u need one now ). And have u tried the torque and race tune? Can't wait to do this!
The TI have netted the largest gains, when i was talking with doug he said that many companies use huge maf's so they dont have to change them for the GT. the best intakes are the ones that are the same size all the way to the TB ( such as the TI). The way doug did my tunes was put my car on a dyno, and made my tunes based on those numbers, A/F, ect. so the tunes are all based off the same numbers. he made me a performance tune, race tune, and a torque tune. The race tune is my favorite i love the really responsive throttle. its amazing. the torque tune is great for everyday driving but is made for low end power. the performance tune is pretty much the same thing as the race tune only it doesnt have the super touchey throttle response. if i were you i would get the race tune, its the best. also consider the TI intake, it looks great, gave GREAT numbers on the automatic, and is cheaper. i paid 250 for the intake, carbon fiber option and redfire heat shield but you can get the intake, and have it painted the factory color of your car for 200 shipped. a stock v6 auto makes about 170 at the wheels. with 195 torque. with dougs dyno tune im now at 192.6 rwhp, and 218 torque, and that was on a hot day so im probably at around 195-197. VERY good for just intake and tune!
Old 10-04-2007, 11:37 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rhino77

Rhino, yeah gains for u would probably be in the 1-4hp range(not worth the $280) but if it wasn't a tunable cai and u have no other options to spend money on bolt-ons(me almost(udp still ?ing)).
YeahtheVMP is a tubeable CAI, I've just been curious as to what the differences are between the C&L, and the VMP. Is the Maf sensor larger, or just the maf housing?
just the housing. the actual sensor is still stock.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:46 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Sounds good. I'll look into the TI caithen too.But I believe even if the maf sensor is larger than the tb, there will be a little ram air effect netting more gains over theti. I'll have to see. Sounds like I'm getting the race tune. After all this I'll be about $425 out and about15-30hp up w/my mods.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:21 PM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

the only problem with the the larger maf's that are not the same size all around is, according to doug, they loose velocity, thats why they TI has larger gains. but with true duals and headers you will be around 210 at the wheels. you will love the race tune, totally different feel, just look into the TI. the c and l is great but i think the TI is a better choice.jmo
Old 10-04-2007, 01:32 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Thinking of it that way, I can understand it. U no the site where u got ur TI intake? Probably get the TI intake then w/the tune.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:33 PM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

www.demolet.com
Old 10-04-2007, 04:50 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Thanx, $200 shipped is a good deal. Do they all come with the tuner needed MAF? Just making sure, I'll buy a tune from Bama when I get it either way, they have a tune for it right(I think that's where u got urs)? After this and the tune I'll only be out $275. So maybe I can do this sooner. Thanx again!
Old 10-04-2007, 05:36 PM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

you use the stock MAF sensor, it comes with everything else tho, intake, filter, pcv hose, heatshield and all the hardware to put it on. make sure you tell them your paint code when ordering it, i suggest emailing john demolet, or calling in and ordering. as far as the tune goes yes doug has a demolet tune.

Quick Reply: Tune ?