Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Tune ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 05:06 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Default Tune ?

Wondering how much of a difference I will feel between a B A M A/brenspeed 93 tune from my canned 93 sct tune? Thanx Ahead!
Old 10-03-2007, 05:30 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Tune ?

big diff from my 91 diablo perf tune to the 91 bamma race tune. mostly in the responsiveness and acceleration. not sure how sct tunes perform but i doubt its much diff from the diablo tunes.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:42 AM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

I would do it for a piece of mind...Better to have a good vendor's tune then a canned...Probably more power too.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:25 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Yeah, I'll probably get the 93torque tune since I do most of my driving on the street. Might get a 93race instead or both. I'm probably going the Bama way. I'm not sure if I should get a C&L or VMPcai too with the tune. I'm not sure how much hp I am missing with a tune on a stock maf sensor. I'm thinking about that too. I probably won't do this for a month or 2 anyway(money reasons). I think C&L has thelargest tunablemaf sensor, does anyone know vmp's and c&l's maf sensor sizes? If u can find out post em please. I think if I don't get the tunable cai,I will be missing out on 8-18hp and I don't want to do that. Thanx ahead of time!
Old 10-04-2007, 11:00 AM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

get the 93 race! you will love it. i just got my car dyno'd ( post in the general s197 section) and now it performs amazing! i hads the canned 93 tune and you feel a difference but just waite till you feel the race tune. he recomends that you dont use it on the street but when we went for a test drive after he dyno tuned my car he said you just have to be carefull. if u stomp it you WILL spin. just gotta feather it if ur next to a cop lol
Old 10-04-2007, 11:04 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

C&L's MAF size is a BIG 83mm which is approx. 3.25 inches. VMP's MAF is 76mm which is approx. 3 inches. Justin at VMP states that 3" is as big as you need and anything bigger won't yield anymore power or at least anything significant. Even if this is accurate, a bigger MAF doesnt hurt as long as its tuned properly. i really dig the looks of the C&L and will be upgrading to one myself as soon as i gather the funds. As for the difference between a stocksize MAF CAI compared to the oversize MAF CAI from VMP or C&L, not sure on the power gains but i wouldnt expect anything big. still doesnt change my mind about getting the C&L though.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:10 AM
Rhino77
2nd Gear Member

I've wondered the same thing. I have the VMP CAI, as it was about $100.00 less than the C&L, and I've read mixed reviews on CAIs. If anybody knows any information, and whether I should upgrade to the C&L, that would be great. I have a feeling though, that gains would be minimal, and probably couldn't be felt.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:16 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Thanx guys! Going C&L with it then probably, won't hurt to have more air if it's tuned for it. Dwisforme, Do u spin if if u stomp on it from a roll? I can see that happening cause u don't have a t-lok(u need one now ). And have u tried the torque and race tune? Can't wait to do this!
Old 10-04-2007, 11:17 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rhino77

I've wondered the same thing. I have the VMP CAI, as it was about $100.00 less than the C&L, and I've read mixed reviews on CAIs. If anybody knows any information, and whether I should upgrade to the C&L, that would be great. I have a feeling though, that gains would be minimal, and probably couldn't be felt.
yeah......stock size MAF to C&L MAF should be a difference but not sure how much. VMP MAF to C&L MAF will most likely NOT be noticed. if the cool looking pipe is worth it for you and money ain't a thang, then go for it.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:18 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Rhino, yeah gains for u would probably be in the 1-4hp range(not worth the $280) but if it wasn't a tunable cai and u have no other options to spend money on bolt-ons(me almost(udp still ?ing)).

Quick Reply: Tune ?