Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What bolt-on's am I missing?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 10:55 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Default RE: What bolt-on's am I missing?

Have a strut tower brace and already reviewed the other 2 suspension mods aren't worth it. I'd only get nitrous for looks, Ihaven't seen the track at all so far and don't plan on racing this there. For weight reduction, I'd only do chassis stuff like front sway replacement, spare/jack removal, andtubulark-member. 302crate is a good idea if I had a few thousand to spend but I don't . Reallygood info though! Thanx again!I'm calling it a night, it's 12AM in NY.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:00 PM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

yep, and I gotta get up at 5am the southern state is a biotch!
Old 10-06-2007, 11:01 PM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

sorry not the southern state, I forgot I gotta take the damn LIE tomorrow, because the southern state is closed till 6am.....damn these 8-4's.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:06 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Hey, Where do u patrol(exits)? I'll make a nice 120mph pass with my stang while ur working to say high! J/K please don't take me to jail.[X(]
Old 10-07-2007, 03:52 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

I dont think that the JBA cables really give much of a gain. When I put them on I didnt feel a difference, to me, they were mainly for a bit more safety under boost. If you wanna play with ignition, check out the Screamin Demon coil pack and their live wires. Once again, you are probably not going to see much gain out of them, but if you want ever possible bolt on, then I would look at that also.

Somebody said above that the throttle bodies dont do anything. They do give a gain, but people generally dont use them because until now, all the aftermarket ones had crappy electronics. For the throttle body spacer, I doubt it would do anything though.

Btw, I am too lazy to scroll up, are you getting a drive shaft? Shaftmasters is selling them fr a little less than $400 shipped

Steel << it sounds like you are going to pay a butt load for bolt ons, why dont you just save up for f/i?
Old 10-07-2007, 09:24 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Not spending a lot more on bolt-ons, maybe $1k more most. I should of just saved up and did the f/i thing from the beginning b/c my budget on my car has ran a little under$3k so far. F/I is out of the ? b/c by the time I would have saved for it(2.5yrs) I would only keep my car for another 2yrs more and then I would be buying a GT and modding that up(F/I, full exhaust, dyno tune, forged internals,maybe heads/cam/intake). So I might as well just put $1k more into the 6, save the next $4k I make, when I am already out of college for 1 yr and have earned a good($35k-$45k is the average salary for 1st yr accountants) amount of money, I'll buy the GT and load it up! That's my plan. What do the Throttle Bodies cost and will I need a dyno tune, or u think a bama tune could fix that? R the screaming demon coils and their live wiresthat good? What gains am I likely to see from these? Thanx again for all ur help!
Old 10-07-2007, 09:25 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

BTW, already have the shaftmasters driveshaft and tbs.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:43 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

the throttle is 325 and the coil pack and wires are 200, together they will probably only net to 5rwhp
Old 10-07-2007, 01:49 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Damn, that much for that little. I might just stick to my regular plan ofti intake/93 race tune, and udp. Thanx for the help anyway! I might do the wires if I want to try them.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:42 PM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

thats my plan too....well a bit different.

over the next two months I'm putting JBA H-Pipe, and shorty headers + my SLP Loudmouths, T-Lok, 3.73 gears, line lock, and then in early spring I'm buying a shelby GT.

Quick Reply: What bolt-on's am I missing?