Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Looking for leather seats

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 03:44 PM
DylanFan
3rd Gear Member

Default Looking for leather seats

The best price I can find for GT take-off leather seats is $349 at Newtakeoff. Does anyone have custom leather seats and what is a good price for them? I would like to have leather seats like the red GT take-off. Does anyony have seats like that? If so, where did you get them and how much do they cost?
Old 10-07-2007, 03:57 PM
ArcticFrog
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Looking for leather seats

I have custom leather seats but I didn't do it myself. My pricetag was $995 for the swap from the light colored cloth seats I had to dark charcoal leather (weren't takeoffs, they're custom). I also hada running pony stitched into them that matches my redfire color so that probably tacked on a few bucks to the total price too.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:02 PM
DylanFan
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ArcticFrog

I have custom leather seats but I didn't do it myself. My pricetag was $995 for the swap from the light colored cloth seats I had to dark charcoal leather (weren't takeoffs, they're custom). I also hada running pony stitched into them that matches my redfire color so that probably tacked on a few bucks to the total price too.
Do you have any pictures? If you have dark charcoal leather seats how are they different from the GT take-offs other than the running pony?
Old 10-07-2007, 04:13 PM
ArcticFrog
2nd Gear Member

I don't know how they're different from takeoffs, I chose the color from a swatchbook of leathers that the dealer had before it was sent out to be changed. I chose the color because it was what I wanted, not because I was trying to get something different than factory colors. I like my interior now because it's two-tone. The seat surfaces are all dark grey, the plastic dash and door surfaces are light grey (that matched the previous lt graphite interior) then the door inserts are dark grey like the seats (that's the way it came factory) and then when the sunroof was put in we changed the headliner to black so it blends really well with the dash and seat color.

[IMG]local://upfiles/47421/990D20A894014052BCD880FA74C19468.jpg[/IMG]
Old 10-07-2007, 04:16 PM
LilBluPony
2nd Gear Member

You can get leather take-offs for less than $300. PM me if you want the hook up! I did mine on my '05! Look brand new!
Old 10-08-2007, 08:57 AM
DylanFan
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LilBluPony

You can get leather take-offs for less than $300. PM me if you want the hook up! I did mine on my '05! Look brand new!
I e-mailed you yesterday about the leather seats for less than $300.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:23 PM
optras
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LilBluPony

Hey Brenda! How's it going?
Old 10-09-2007, 03:29 AM
spooky
2nd Gear Member

i had the cloth seats in my car and just tookthem out. unbolted front & back leather seats from a GT and installed them into my car. didn't take as long as putting just the covers on, but cost a little more. only thing now is that my airbag light on dash always stays on cause it doesn't recognize the new side airbags in the seats. oh well.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:47 AM
Fyrewalker
1st Gear Member

I installed the leather GT take off covers, cost was $300 and worth every penny. I have beautiful new leather and the install was easy. Definitely a must do if you have cloth and aren't crazy about it. I bought mine on Ebay. The install took about 3 hours taking my time. If you do a search there are a few "how to" links giving you step by step directions on the install.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:28 AM
Pantera72
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: spooky

only thing now is that my airbag light on dash always stays on cause it doesn't recognize the new side airbags in the seats. oh well.
Are you sure those new seats have airbags? Not all seats have the airbags, its an option IIRC....

Quick Reply: Looking for leather seats