Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New To Mustangs

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 10:50 PM
ALLSTOTT

Default New To Mustangs

Hey whats up everyone My names joe and i was wantin to get an 08 mustang when i get back to the states and was wonderin is the V6 really that much slower than the V8.. and if yall could do it again would u go with the V6 or the V8 and why? thanks for yalls time
Old 10-10-2007, 11:06 PM
CroDalmatinac
4th Gear Member

Default RE: New To Mustangs

Not much faster, it's really noticeable yes but nothing extreme. And yes, I would do it over again and get a V8. Simply for the sound.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:08 PM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CroDalmatinac

Not much faster, it's really noticeable yes but nothing extreme. And yes, I would do it over again and get a V8. Simply for the sound.
+1, if i had the money. Can't beat the growl of a V8.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:09 PM
optras
2nd Gear Member

from what I can tell, the biggest difference performance-wise is in the higher RPM's. Personally, I chose the six because, I'm in college and insurance rates are pretty high on the 8's. Not to mention, about 29 MPG isn't too bad as opposed to maybe 23 or so. You can really do a lot with either one and the ladies don't really care which you have. I probably know just as many people with 6's as 8's and depending on your situation, they're both excellent. With a couple thousand in mods you could easily take a GT. A real mustang fan only sees mustangs so don't let anyone tell you that the V8's are the only way to go.Great choice at looking into them. I have 18,000 miles on mine and wouldn't trade it for the world.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:11 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Welcome to the forums Joe. If I had the money to spend I would have skipped over the GT and gotten a Shelby, but I could have gotten a V8 and chose to go with the 6 instead. I am glad I did because it is more fun to put money into mods and make it what I call "my flavor of Mustang.

You can get a V6 and add some performance mods to it and make it just as fast or faster than a stock GT. I would have to say you won't be disappointed in a V6, I know I am not
Old 10-10-2007, 11:14 PM
mikemc04gt
2nd Gear Member

My wife just got a new V6 and I have a '04 GT. As mentioned above, biggest difference is sound. I really like my wife's car, its plenty fast enough for any type of driving I do, butif I had to pick one, it would be the GT for sound alone.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:21 PM
ALLSTOTT

Yea i mean i havethe money for the V8 but if the V6 is still pretty quick id rather just pocket the 10k diffrence.. i mean honestly a bone stock V6 is it that quick like.. i love the way the stang looks but i do want a some what fast car and i dont wanna have to put any money into it .
Old 10-10-2007, 11:46 PM
optras
2nd Gear Member

You really can't lose either way, but there is a difference. 300 HP>200 HP but it is a STRONG 200 HP and great for day-to-day driving.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:46 PM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

depends on what you want to be faster than. if you want to be faster than accords, camrys, and pretty much most everyday type of cars, yes it's faster. But if you are looking at being quicker than cobalt SS's, RX-8's, wrx's, etc, it'll take some mods. If you have the money for a GT, difference between a used GT and used sixer won't be close to 10K... I'd look around for a like-new used GT and save some moolah...that way you kinda get the bost of both worlds
Old 10-11-2007, 08:01 AM
07Thorobrd
1st Gear Member

the reason that i chose the 6 was because i just turned 22 and the insurance would be way to high for me on an 8. but when i was looking at the mustangs the 8's only go 10 mph faster than the 6's.as far as the sound of an 8 you can always get a dual exhaust kit and the 6 will sound just as good.plus there are so many mods that you can make to really make your ride look nice. but at the end of the day ether one is a chick magnet.if i had the money i would have gotten a shelby cobra but i dont have that kind of money. welcome to the forum and hope that this helps.

[/align]

Quick Reply: New To Mustangs