Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Rattles ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 10:56 AM
theresa
4th Gear Member

Default Rattles ???

I've done a search for this " door handle rattle " thing...
I've found a few things on it but haven't found anyone
that has had it fixed. I got an appointment to drop it
off Monday night. Also having a LOUD rattle coming
from the back passenger side, every time I go over
the slightest bump. Sounds like muffler area.
To all of you that say either "buy a more expensive car"
or "live with it" I'll tell you now....NO ! I'm not living with
it! ( I had a better answer but decided to erase it )
So any help would be appreciated. Oh....and while I'm at
it, might as well ask....I switched out my rims for the 08
pony rims. Everytime I start the car, the tire low warning
is coming on. Checked all tires and they are not low.
Do I have to get something reset at the dealer? The new
rims do have the sensor things on them. Help ! lol
Old 10-11-2007, 12:46 PM
laserred02
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Rattles ???

yeah to hell with living with rattles. the sticker price on my car was 22,500, my gf got her Focus for 14,000 and it doesn't have any rattles, and it has 25k miles on it, mine is brand new. I'm going to take mine in in a couple weeks, because I have about 4 different rattles I want dealt with. Best of luck getting yours fixed.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:28 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

I agree. I had a rattle and took it back 4 times to try and get it fixed.I have norattles and I listen all the time for them because I can't stand rattles. But I wanna know what this was "( I had a better answer but decided to erase it )"

And yea I think you need to take off your battery cables for 5 minutes and put them back on to reset the computer for your TPM.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:47 PM
theresa
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ODDYSEY

I agree. I had a rattle and took it back 4 times to try and get it fixed.I have norattles and I listen all the time for them because I can't stand rattles. But I wanna know what this was "( I had a better answer but decided to erase it )"

And yea I think you need to take off your battery cables for 5 minutes and put them back on to reset the computer for your TPM.
Really Oddysey?....un do the battery? ok I will have my husband do that this weekend. Thanks
I was going to tell them to.....SUCK IT !!!!! lol Glad you got them fixed. It will drive you insane.

Laserred,
Thanks for responding...I was thinking that nobody was going to. Sheesh !
but I hear ya. We pay to much for a rattle trap. I thought that Chevy was bad.
Every Chevy that I have ever owned rattled like crazy. I am kinda dissapointed that
my car with 4000 miles on it has 2. I will get it fixed and i will update you guys. I drove it to the store last night and couldn't wait to get outta it because it was driving me crazy.
I guess I get that from my dad. He would stop on the way, wherever he was going,
pull over and find the rattle ! Good luck with your problems, check on the search option for rattles. I found a lot of info for different ones.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:41 AM
red07Pony
3rd Gear Member

I can't stand rattles either and they are the most annoying thing to get fixed too. I've owned my '07 for about 3 months now and the driver side speaker/door just started a rattle.Seems to only happen when I turn up my radio and with this Shaker 500 why wouldn't I want to turn up the radio???? I hate rattles!!
Old 10-12-2007, 12:24 PM
mtnpunk91
1st Gear Member

I got rattles too!!

They just started after I had my dual exhaust installed.

Now I know it's not the muffler itself, but the drone inside the car seems to make things rattle that I've never heard before.

I think there's something in my door and in the back seat area that is going to drive me crazy. And that back panel near the rear passenger tire that lost a bolt is shaking like a mother f'r now. DEFINATELY got to get that fixed!!

ugghh, rattles!!
Old 10-12-2007, 12:52 PM
theresa
4th Gear Member

I did a search on here about rattles. Got some good info. I just drove it last night, Mine IS the damn silver handle to open the door. You can beat on it and it rattles like crazy. I just turned up
Bob Segar and friggin ignored it !!!!!
Old 10-12-2007, 01:04 PM
blackonblack2007
1st Gear Member

If you guys (and gals) are having issues with the interior door handles rattling try this. The cover piece behind the handle it to blame (at least it was on mine). Take it off and use some foam tape (found at your local Wal-Mart) between the cover and the door panel quick fix and it stops the rattle. Easy fix.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:29 PM
theresa
4th Gear Member

How do you get it off? steps...Please
Old 10-12-2007, 10:55 PM
emconn
1st Gear Member

Pull the handle back. grab a small screw driver and i think its the right side theres a little gap, stick the screw drive in and pry a little it will pop right out.Itsvery easy.

Quick Reply: Rattles ???