Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Help...paint scratch

Old 10-11-2007, 04:28 PM
MirandaRae
2nd Gear Member

Default Help...paint scratch

So,

I got into work today parked and looked at my hood. I noticed a big black gash on it where it looks like something on the freeway hit it and peeled a 2 inch strip into the pait...now all I see is black undercoat.

I want to fix it but I dont want to see some 3d paint mark on the hood... does anyone have any idea about what I can do to kind of camo it so that you dont see the bump in paint?
Old 10-11-2007, 04:32 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Default RE: Help...paint scratch

Best way to fix that is have it done professionally. The only way to get rid of the bump is to sand down and repaint.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:09 PM
MirandaRae
2nd Gear Member

sucks...
Old 10-11-2007, 05:13 PM
Ken04
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MirandaRae

So,

I got into work today parked and looked at my hood. I noticed a big black gash on it where it looks like something on the freeway hit it and peeled a 2 inch strip into the pait...now all I see is black undercoat.

I want to fix it but I dont want to see some 3d paint mark on the hood... does anyone have any idea about what I can do to kind of camo it so that you dont see the bump in paint?
try this first; http://www.autogeek.net/langka.html?...FSQsFQod1yayMA
Old 10-11-2007, 05:56 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Just my opinion, but a 2inch mark on the hood would be very noticable. I would strongly recommend just getting it done professionally. That way its look like it was never there.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:59 PM
MirandaRae
2nd Gear Member

yeah, I just dont have the money right now.. and I hate to have it sitting there for so long and posibly getting worse.. Just sucks... it wasnt there last night and now its right in the middle of my hood... ... too bad its not in the area where my eventual stripes will go lol.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:06 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

yeah, I just dont have the money right now.. and I hate to have it sitting there for so long and posibly getting worse.. Just sucks... it wasnt there last night and now its right in the middle of my hood... ... too bad its not in the area where my eventual stripes will go lol.
You could get some sandpaper (make sure to consult someone on the right kind of sandpaper) and sand the area and put some primer and then touch up paint. Until you can get it fixed properly, but I bet you could get it fixed for like $50-100 bucks.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:48 PM
DylanFan
3rd Gear Member

Post a picture of the scratch and we will have a better idea of what to do. Where exactly is the scratch on the hood? Give the coordinates of the scratch from the edge of the hood and from the front of the hood in inches.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:10 PM
hataap
3rd Gear Member

A picture would be helpful...
Old 10-12-2007, 03:22 PM
theresa
4th Gear Member

I had a scratch right down to the primer. I got it when I took it in for 1st oil change and dealer
parked it and someone opened their door up and yadda yadda yadda. Took it to a different dealer
body shop to get it fixed. They filled the scratch. I didn't like it so I made them do it over.
He was pissed but.......F him ! 2 days to do. $125 Can't even see it, even if your looking for it.
I know, because I'm a picky bit*h.
Now, if I can get 2 rattles fix........I'm strait !