Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

im stressing, just got into an Accident *update* pictures

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 09:21 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: im stressing, just got into an Accident

Glad to hear you are OK. Don't worry, now you can upgrade your car and it will look better than ever.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:32 AM
proper
2nd Gear Member

so im kinda lost my parents said i have full coverage ? so does that mean insurance takes care of everything and the negative out of it is higher insurance payments? and worse scenario if they do put the blame on me.. does that mean i have to buy new parts ?
Old 10-15-2007, 03:26 AM
Karrmer

Full coverage generally means your insurance company covers you completely in the case of an accident if you were at fault or the other party does not have insurance.

Also, if you're at fault, they will be paying for the damage and medical bills of anyone else involved (up to a certain amount).

I'm in law enforcement so assuming you aren't lying about anything I can almost guarantee you aren't at fault at all, unless you were REALLY close to the car in front of you, but you said you were in traffic so it was probably OK.

In that case the insurance company of the lady that rear ended you should be handling and paying for everything for you. They will contact you and, if they don't suck, within a day you should have an appointment set to get it inspected and get the damages assessed. They'll handle things from there, and the people in front of you should be doing the same thing with the idiot lady that doesn't know what a brake is and would rather search google on her fancy GPS screen instead of pay attention to the roadway. In this case, your insurance rates shouldn't be affected in the slightest.

If she doesn't have insurance, your own insurance will have to pay for everything and you will probably have to pay the deductible. I can only assume that someone with a Benz has insurance though.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:20 AM
optras
2nd Gear Member

yeah, this is an interesting story. I got hit by a mercury sable when I still had my F-150 from the back. I had to get some brackets fixed in my bumper and his car was totalled. The thing is, when he hit me, my spare tire fell out from under my car and hit another car. His insurance got to pay for both.That's Maryland's 100% fault law for you. The odds of you hitting a car two seconds before someone hit you into them again is slim and I don't think anyone would be able to have a case against you. Good luck and glad to hear you're alright.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:26 AM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: proper

I just got into an accident and im super stressed i needa vent =X sooo what happened was i was on the freeway like 1/4 mile away from the exit and it was mild traffic, like 30mph... then the car infront of me slows down to a stopand im slowing down to and when im about to stop i hear a Screeetch sound and i look in my rear view mirror i see this mercedenz benz comign at me pretty fast and BAM! i get hit and it hits the car infront of me and another car infront of him gets hit.... so its a 4 car accident. Toyota Camry, Toyota Yaris, my Mustang, and this mercedez benz. the toyota yaris guy is blaming it on me and the mercedez benz.the toyota yaris is alsosaying that I hit him once and i hit him again when the benz hit me.. im like wtf ? i remember getting hit once then hitting him... cuz he said he heard two "bumps".... the Toyota Yaris and the Camry had minor damage... it just looked like someone ran a shoping cart into there bumpers... so yeah all they need is a new front / rear bumper.... my front bumper samething... but my Rear bumper is a different story, my muffler got pushed downward cuz my rear bumper pushed it down.... the mercedz benz got it the worst from all of us... her whole front end was smashed in.... i could see coolant leaking from her engine... it was pretty bad that it couldnt start anymore it had to be towed..... but yeah im hopign they put the blame on the mercedenz benz and not me... cuz iono wat that guy infront of me was talking about
Depending on what insurance finds out about the speed of the mercedes (based on skid marks from teh scene and from teh police report) it will be deemed either 100% merceds or 75% mercedes and 25% yours. How much room was there between your stang and the car in front of you...1, 2, 3 car length? Anything less than 1 or 2 they'll deem you following too close and contributing unless the benz was just hauling **** in which case you still would've been pushed into the car in front.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:26 AM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dmhines
...Now you can do your GT, GT/CS or GT500 bumper swap and let the insurance company pay for it ...
+1

That is exactly what I would do. I want the GT500 front and rear fascia's so bad but I don't have the money.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:12 PM
proper
2nd Gear Member

thanks for the info guys! ill let u guys know what happens in the following weeks... hopefully it all goes on the benz that hit me.. but yeah how long does this take ? my friend said to get everything settled its about 6 months ?
Old 10-15-2007, 01:45 PM
banka87
4th Gear Member

I'd assume faster than 6 months. Mabey 2.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:55 PM
Cindy
4th Gear Member

I'm sorry to hear about your accident. But at least you are okay and
you have insurance to take care of your Stang. I know it hurts to see
your wrecked baby, but it will be good as new again. That's what
this Forum is for. Good Luck!
Old 10-17-2007, 06:10 PM
proper
2nd Gear Member

soo my dad just talked to me and said that i can get the GT take off bumper but i'll have to pay an extra $200 ? should i do it ? cuz my car is going to be fixed thru the dealer.

Quick Reply: im stressing, just got into an Accident *update* pictures