Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

X-Charger or Vortech?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 12:36 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

Default RE: X-Charger or Vortech?

ORIGINAL: SteelStang05

But if the Turbo is that cheap($4.2k), I will definitly think about it.
cheap?........or not as expensive.....i guess money aint a thang for some....wish that was my case [&:].
Old 10-16-2007, 01:18 PM
schapman
4th Gear Member

It depend on how you look at it 4.2k is cheap considering the saleen blower is 7k. I know it for v8 butjust trying to put it in perspective.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:33 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

$4.2k is cheap for a turbo. But install costs and a must dyno, kill a turbo's value when it comes down to it. No ? they make a lot of hp, but if ur budget's under $5k, it's not in ur price range. The x-charger hi-po or regular isabout a $1k less if u install either urself. But if u want more than 340-360hp crank, u'll have to pay for the turbo to get it out of a 6 or look into an intercooled supercharger(both will run $5k+ installed). That's why Iright now, choose the hi-po x with a bigger pulley. 350hp 360Torque on our carsw/a t-lok, good tires, andsome suspension mods will easily make us run low 13 or high 12's. That isfaster than almost every stock car out there under $50k.That's pretty damn good. That's my plan right now. Like I said, it's up to what u want and what u have to spend.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:00 PM
Buckman
3rd Gear Member

Two notes:
1) Try to never talk about crank hp/tq, it just adds confusion, only dealers talk that the rest of us talk at the wheels.
2) Gotta pay to play. You really have to analyze your goals with the car long term before jumping into a purchase. 4K now could very well do you fine for a year, but long term you may wish you spent the additional 1k for more power/performance out of the car. Try to not use just financial constraints to your purchase, always look at the big picture using all the criteria of your needs.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:17 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

My bad on the crank hp, I like to use it, cause I could easily compare my hp to other stock cars hp then. With what ur saying, people could look into a supercharger when they have under $5k first, and then throw on an intercooler and up the boost if they want more power. Someone could probably run safelyaround 400hp crank(sorryBuckman )easy with that set-up. But if u want more than that, I'd suggest just saving up for the turbo and then later throw on an intercooler.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:00 PM
schapman
4th Gear Member

the turbo system link i sent you already has an intercooler.

My bad on the crank hp, I like to use it, cause I could easily compare my hp to other stock cars hp then. With what ur saying, people could look into a supercharger when they have under $5k first, and then throw on an intercooler and up the boost if they want more power. Someone could probably run safelyaround 400hp crank(sorryBuckman )easy with that set-up. But if u want more than that, I'd suggest just saving up for the turbo and then later throw on an intercooler.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:06 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Buckman

Two notes:
1) Try to never talk about crank hp/tq, it just adds confusion, only dealers talk that the rest of us talk at the wheels.
by my crank numbers sound gooood [:@]
Old 10-16-2007, 04:10 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Just saw u fixed the post on the last page. Damn, no auto kit yet to see. Anyone know when that should be done? Guess's? Inside info? And hell yeah, crank #'s r a lot higher and more appealing to their owners.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:10 PM
trickdriller
4th Gear Member

Before you buy one, go look at the "Pipes, Boos and Juice" section of this Forum. At the top group of stickey threads, there is one that tells you how to build a Vortech system for $1500. It works, I'm doing it right now. Make sure you visit that page before you make your final decision.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:16 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

Just saw u fixed the post on the last page. Damn, no auto kit yet to see. Anyone know when that should be done? Guess's? Inside info? And hell yeah, crank #'s r a lot higher and more appealing to their owners.
400hp sounds nice to me

Quick Reply: X-Charger or Vortech?