Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

X-Charger or Vortech?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 12:16 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Default X-Charger or Vortech?

Both the standard X-Charger and Vortech supercharger are almost the same price(Vortech a $200 cheaper). I was wondering, which one u guys believe is the better supercharger forthe price($4k and under)and why? Thanx Ahead!
Old 10-15-2007, 01:11 PM
schapman
4th Gear Member

Default RE: X-Charger or Vortech?

depends on what your looking for? imo the xcharger would build low end torquequicker than the vortech. I guess you change your mind? last week yousaid it didnt matter you werent getting a supercharger.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:27 PM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

well from what I'm told, a turbo is 100x better than a supercharger on our engines. The Supercharger uses a belt and anything at 5psi or lower is just using horsepower to spin the belt, putting out the same hp as stock. Once you hit 8 psi thats when you start putting big numbers down.

a turbo only uses exhaust fumes to fuel the turbo, so any amount of psi is putting out big numbers.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:31 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: schapman

depends on what your looking for? imo the xcharger would build low end torquequicker than the vortech. I guess you change your mind? last week yousaid it didnt matter you werent getting a supercharger.
LOL! U got me! Yeah, I decided pretty much since I am keeping the car for 4yrs or more and will have the money next yr to do it, I might as well charge this thing. I was thinking the x-charger too, b/c it makes max boost at a lot lower rpm I believe, I know the x-charger makes at least 20rwtorque more per psi than the vortech does. I won't take the car to the track, so the x is probably more appropriate for me. And I was wonderingif anyone knewwhat track times each carshould run with the same psi(amount of boost)?
Old 10-15-2007, 01:32 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dennis074.0

well from what I'm told, a turbo is 100x better than a supercharger on our engines. The Supercharger uses a belt and anything at 5psi or lower is just using horsepower to spin the belt, putting out the same hp as stock. Once you hit 8 psi thats when you start putting big numbers down.

a turbo only uses exhaust fumes to fuel the turbo, so any amount of psi is putting out big numbers.
Turbo's not in price range, and I'd prefer the x-charger over it anyway, since if I make too much hp, any other car components(transmission, rear end, internals)may take a beating and need to be replaced or strengthened.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:05 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

Vortech, they make more power, they are cooled, and they have the potential to make more power safely with smaller pulleys. I know that the aftercooler for the X just came out, but that will break the cheap price of the X. I also know that you can spray meth in the X, but you can also spray meth in the Vortech. Meth should never be the top choice for cooling.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:07 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SteelStang05

ORIGINAL: Dennis074.0

Turbo's not in price range, and I'd prefer the x-charger over it anyway, since if I make too much hp, any other car components(transmission, rear end, internals)may take a beating and need to be replaced or strengthened.
whether or not you see the power at the wheels, your engine is under the same amount of stress at any given psi. 9psi on vortech, procharger, xcharger, turbo is all the same amount of stress. boost is boost, period. its whats spent driving the power adder that robs the power from your wheels.

my car at 9psi making 371rwhp is under the same stress (at same rpm/psi levels) as a vortech making 9psi and 310rwhp.

turboj's turbokit is only 4200, barely more than what ur looking at spending. sure the xcharger makes a lot of torque early on, but so do turbos. i make 462rwtq with my turbo and the 100% stock engine.

it all depends on what you want. it seems lately you have been on a posting frenzy. new topics left and right started by you. if you aren't ready to spend the cash now, its best to not worry about what you are or arent going to do in the distant future.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:20 AM
cacimar
5th Gear Member

he must have the time to spare, i already know ur future plans about the 5.0 and ur future plans on the fi route and so on not that is wrong but give it a rest. Some of your info are way off especially on the FI numbers so read a little more pa before posting some rediculous numbers lol . By the way have you been to the tracks yet ?
Old 10-16-2007, 02:01 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cacimar

he must have the time to spare, i already know ur future plans about the 5.0 and ur future plans on the fi route and so on not that is wrong but give it a rest. Some of your info are way off especially on the FI numbers so read a little more pa before posting some rediculous numbers lol . By the way have you been to the tracks yet ?
why do they call it a Goat? it seems like they should have nicknamed it with a cooler animal
Old 10-16-2007, 02:29 AM
cacimar
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chrisc

ORIGINAL: cacimar

why do they call it a Goat? it seems like they should have nicknamed it with a cooler animal

GTO
Gran Turismo Omologato
I believe omologato in Australia means Goat

Quick Reply: X-Charger or Vortech?