Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

X-Charger group buy?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 08:08 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Default RE: X-Charger group buy?

Thanx for the help and advice! I'll check it out! And Yeah, I need to learn to use the search option a little more! LOL! But this is my plan to gof/inow and I won't stop till I get my hi-po X. I'm even getting a second job toget it!
Old 10-17-2007, 08:43 PM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

I understand where you are coming from steelstang. Doing something with $3K+ is a big investment, and I myself have rethought things a million times and still don't know what I wanna do with my car. Then you just have all sorts of questions and want to get them answered. Part of me wants to sell the car soon and get a GT, part of me wants to turbo my 6, part of me wants the instant power and ease of installation of an X-Charger. It's a tough decision, hope you figure it out cuz I sure as hell can't lol!
Old 10-17-2007, 08:51 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: basketballord

I understand where you are coming from steelstang. Doing something with $3K+ is a big investment, and I myself have rethought things a million times and still don't know what I wanna do with my car. Then you just have all sorts of questions and want to get them answered. Part of me wants to sell the car soon and get a GT, part of me wants to turbo my 6, part of me wants the instant power and ease of installation of an X-Charger. It's a tough decision, hope you figure it out cuz I sure as hell can't lol!
LOL!Yeah, I've decided on getting the hi-po x-charger and 2.8" pulley. Iwill be around 300rwhp with that and that's enough power for me and the high amount of low-end torque will make any street driver happy! This will be my final decision unless somehow I can get a turbocharger for around $3.5k. I just have to wait for my money to build up now to do it, or beg my parents for a loan and get it with the group buy. I've got till November 20something to convince them. If I can't, I'll have to wait till May.GoodLuck on ur decision! If I wereyou I would probably not know what to do either! LOL!
Old 10-17-2007, 09:02 PM
Rhino77
2nd Gear Member

That is my exact predicament.
I just purchased an '08 v6. Now I'm caught between paying 16 grand over the next year, and trading it up for a GT, or supercharging it and getting gears.
Damn, I hate feeling impatient.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:32 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

"***rwhp will be enough for me"

that is what you think now...it will NEVER be enough. get the system that has the most potential if your budget allows
Old 10-18-2007, 05:28 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Way I see it, X-Charger hi-po w/2.8 pulley puts out around 300rwhp(360hp crank)w/full exhaust and on automatic.And if that's not enough hp for me, I'llget anintercooler(when it comes out)and add another 30rwhp and maybe get ahigher psi pulley if I need more power after that.And if over 400hp crank isn't enough for me at 19yrs old, I must have some serious speed issues.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:57 AM
07Thorobrd
1st Gear Member

dont we all have serious speed issues on here lol. its like that saying speed kills....but it gets you there faster lol