Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

X-Charger group buy?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 03:24 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Default X-Charger group buy?

I wonder exactly how this came about? I know that someone it came back from popular demand, but wouldn't this be an on going thing every now and then to boost sales? I am wondering this because I am getting a 2nd job so I can afford a hi-poX-Charger by the summer(probably May). I know that if the group buy started again later at that time, I and others would be able to save $200-$400, and the way this group buy is going and others before, I believe there will be at least5 sales if it started up again then.Wondering, because others like me,probably have plans to go f/i in the near future but don't have the money yet. Anyone that would be interested in agroup buy discount on an X-charger around May, please post and tell me and othersto see ifwe can get another onearound then. I'm sure they'll sellbetter then too b/c it's in the summer. Thanx ahead of time for any responses or info!
Info on X-Charger's power made on stock carsmanual #'s I think, auto's r a little lower due to auto tranny has more drivetrain loss)
Regular X-260rwhp~
Hi-po X-280rwhp~
2.8 pulley-+20rwhp~ to either kit($120)
Prices and info on x-chargers r here: http://www.explorerexpress.com/musta...s-c-86_87.html
Old 10-17-2007, 04:26 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Default RE: X-Charger group buy?

Bump
Old 10-17-2007, 06:28 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Bump for the evening crowd!
Old 10-17-2007, 07:21 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

well i wouldnt bank on another group buy. The major reason being, there are more and more forced induction options coming out and after that huge burst of people buying x-chargers at the same time, demand for them has gone down, and after this one will go down even more. If possible, try to get into this group buy just to be safe. Negociate with your parents and say, "well if i payed for the majority of it, could the rest be my christmas present or some of it by my christmas prez and the rest i will pay back?" They might respect the fact you are trying to go with the smart buy here and are working hard with two jobs for it. It's worth a shot!
Old 10-17-2007, 07:25 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

I'll try! Let's see!
Old 10-17-2007, 07:34 PM
cacimar
5th Gear Member

man give it a rest u are obsess with this
Old 10-17-2007, 07:36 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

I know, but I really want an X-charger and if it's cheaper, I will be able to get it sooner and save money. It might go cheaper in 6 months anyway due to age and more chargers coming out.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:54 PM
alsoknownazg
3rd Gear Member

man give it a rest u are obsess with this
NO SH** hes obsessed with it. I think that all of us on this site are somewhat obsessed with their stang, cus what kind of person signs up for a forum and posts oh idk about 184 posts ina year and ISN'T obsessed with their stang???
AND... if i had the money i would def buy the charger. and if i was going to spend 4-5 K on that, I'm pretty sure i would talk about it, and want people's help to lower the price. IDK who YOU are, but most people i know arent going to spend that amount of money without even talking about it. If i was planning on charging my stang, i would ask people questions everyday. so i say TISK TISK on you, and think that you need to grow up, and maybe stop getting your money from daddy, cus thats wht you just made youself look like.
So STEELSTANG....i would just keep bumping this, till you get some people, maybe you should go with the turbo, more people might be thinking about that. If i were going to spend that amount of money i would def go with the turbo cus not many people have it and its diff. Maybe you should try to get a TURBO GROUP BUY. that would be nice
Old 10-17-2007, 08:05 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: alsoknownazg

NO SH** hes obsessed with it. I think that all of us on this site are somewhat obsessed with their stang, cus what kind of person signs up for a forum and posts oh idk about 184 posts ina year and ISN'T obsessed with their stang???
AND... if i had the money i would def buy the charger. and if i was going to spend 4-5 K on that, I'm pretty sure i would talk about it, and want people's help to lower the price. IDK who YOU are, but most people i know arent going to spend that amount of money without even talking about it. If i was planning on charging my stang, i would ask people questions everyday. so i say TISK TISK on you, and think that you need to grow up, and maybe stop getting your money from daddy, cus thats wht you just made youself look like.
So STEELSTANG....i would just keep bumping this, till you get some people, maybe you should go with the turbo, more people might be thinking about that. If i were going to spend that amount of money i would def go with the turbo cus not many people have it and its diff. Maybe you should try to get a TURBO GROUP BUY. that would be nice
Thanx! Yeah, I don't want to spend $4k-$5k and not know what I'm getting into. The turbo's an idea, but with install charges and the $4,200 turbo kit not made for an automatic yet and a must dyno tune,The turbo would cost more than $1k more thanan x-charger with no group buys. Group buys would make it closer to $800-$1k more than an x-charger and that's still pretty high. With those prices and me working 2 jobs, I wouldn't be able to afford it till around September/October 2008. No supercharger for summer=Sad SteelStang05. I don't need that extra power anyway. 300rwhp is plenty enough power for me. If I wanted more like 350rwhp+, no doubt I'd look into the turbo. But right now it's not a reasonable formy plansright now. I'mgonna try and convince my parents thoughfor a loan now, I got1 month to do, soI'll try my best!Thanx for the help again!
Old 10-17-2007, 08:05 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

there is a turbo group buy on the 40collective (woops, am I not supposed to say that?...forum rules are pretty strict here...mods do what you like with the post)

SteelStang << I know you made a post earlier asking why people dont take you seriously or something. The issue is that every day you make a post about some new big idea or new big project. If you keep on changing you mind on your distant big plans, people will just think you are flaky. If you are really serious about something, just do the research and make the necessary posts with the questions that could not be answered by what people have already poster or the info that the manufacturers give. Most the information about every F/I means have already been discussed in the past.

Quick Reply: X-Charger group buy?