Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Another exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 04:29 PM
bterry29
1st Gear Member

Default Another exhaust question

I've been reading alot on here about duals. I'd like to get them on my 05. I went to a local muffler shop today and they talked about cutting into the pipethat goes to the single exhaust. This cut would be about 2 feet in front of the axle and they would add a pipethat would go up and over the axle to the muffler. I know this isn't true duals. I purchased an extended warranty and don't want to void this by making it true duals. At least this guy I talked to said it would void the warranty. Would I experience any performance problems with this setup? Would this setup have a major impact on the sound? The sound is what I'm really seeking. The guy at the muffler shop said it wouldn't but I wanted to get other opinions. Thanks.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:53 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Another exhaust question

so basically you'll have two y-pipes to make your dual exhaust. jba sells this optional kit pre-fabricated. from what i've read, the best sound comes from the dual exhaust h-pipe setup which is true dual with a connecting cross pipe. i have the h-pipe setup and love it. if i were you, i would be a little more realistic with the warranty issue. if your going to mod your car, go with the best option for your car and what YOU want.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:39 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Ford also sells a V6 Dual conversion kit with a warranty, but I think it's only valid if Ford installs it.
I got Pypes Performance X-pipe with GT takeoff mufflers. The X pipe is the set up Ford uses.

Here's a link;

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...tKeyField=9910
Old 10-26-2007, 05:51 PM
rls82959
3rd Gear Member

I agree with Sancho. True duals and an H.
If my stealership wanted to, they could probably void myEXHAUST warranty.
Pipe, cats, hangers, sensors etc......
I can take the tune off when I go to the stealer, but not the duals.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:38 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

yeah, unless the muff shop intentially sabotages your exhaust or simply doesnt know what the f**k they are doing, then exhaust would not be something i would worry about with my warranty. i've taken my stang in twice already for rattling and computer issues. my duals and intake were installed before taking it in. haven't had any tech or service rep mention either mod at all. as i said earlier, go with the best option that is best for your car, not neccessarily what is best for your warranty, although you wouldn't want to do anything extreme that would void it since you already paid for the extension. if done right, your car will run smoother, stronger and with less stress as opposed to that terrible restrictive stock exhaust.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:24 PM
Sarge_13
4th Gear Member

Getting duals will only void your exhaust warranty. I seriously doubt you'd have any problems which required them to work on that anyway.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:47 PM
bterry29
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the comments. You know, as I think about it I had a Ford F150 several years ago. During the factory warrant period I had duals installed. My transmission went out several months after the duals were installed and there were no questions by Ford. The covered the transmission w/o blinking.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:38 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bterry29

Thanks for the comments. You know, as I think about it I had a Ford F150 several years ago. During the factory warrant period I had duals installed. My transmission went out several months after the duals were installed and there were no questions by Ford. The covered the transmission w/o blinking.
exactly, that was my point earlier. you should have no worries with upgrading your exhaust as long as its done right. now that you seem more comfy with the whole thing, GET THE H-PIPE. you wont be dissapointed!!!
Old 10-26-2007, 11:55 PM
06roushv6
2nd Gear Member

yeah, the WHOLE warranty isnted void, just areas that could be affected by your modifications. and besides, your exhaust shouldn't void anything of real significance. so, get those duals on there!!! haha
Old 10-27-2007, 07:29 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sarge_13

Getting duals will only void your exhaust warranty. I seriously doubt you'd have any problems which required them to work on that anyway.
Not if you let Ford install them.

I didn't because at the time it wasn't offered by Ford. Like so many has expressed, it's rare that there are problems due to the exhaust.

Quick Reply: Another exhaust question