Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Bad Accident.

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 06:24 PM
ssimaniac
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Bad Accident.

That sucks
Old 10-28-2007, 06:34 PM
Cindy
4th Gear Member

Sorry to hear about your accident. I had a little brother who also wasn't so lucky.
At least you are okay. Your Stang can be fixed. Take care and good luck toyou.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:01 AM
Tylerlanglois

ORIGINAL: alsoknownazg

Sorry to hear about your mishap. At least you were able to walk away from it, my cousin wasn't so lucky.
She was driving home on a rainy evening when she too slowed down to make a curve. She lost control of her car and it hit a telephone pole killing her. She left behind a 3 year old, 12 year old and a husband.

Don't worry, you can always replace your car or get it repaired.
i opened this post w/o the intention of feeling sad..... [&o]
omgawsh ya the car is replacable thats not... and i didnt want to be sad but getting into a wreck with a car is sad too but not as sad as loosing someone...
Old 10-29-2007, 06:10 AM
CTSTANG

I am very happy that i'm alright, and you guys are right because thats all that matters and i can always replace my car. After the fact though, once your feeling alright its like "****, my car was everything to me." and now i have to probably start from scratch. Ive lost people in car accidents though so i can't even say that. As for the color of my car, its tungsten.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:47 PM
mignella254
2nd Gear Member

try to look on the bright side.. maybe you can replace some factory sixer parts with aftermarket parts.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:48 PM
amptor
2nd Gear Member

sorry to hear about your car, I for one just hope that you get a good outcome from your insurance.

Also I haven't been able to drive any vehicle squirrely since I got my license when I was 18. I started with a VW bug which basically is a deathtrap, a tunacan on 4 wheels if you will. And although I almost wrecked/flipped it numerous times, it sits completely intact in my garage at this very moment and it is also a very beautiful car (so good in fact that the first time I test drove a V6 and came out not buying it that day, I was like man I like the mustang but I already have a very pretty car so it doesn't matter if I buy it or not). A few months pass and there's incentives out and I purchased the V6 pony, as one can not logically commute with a 1960's model volkswagen these days it is impractical mainly due to safety. No regrets there, it makes for an excellent commuter car and gets good fuel economy unlike the GT. Actually I think I'm getting about the same fuel economy as a Ford Contour sports package except that my car doesn't look like a hydrofoil on 4 wheels .

But about my first car, I couldn't drive it crazy because it is just too scary. I remember the first time I got the thing going 80mph, I felt like I was flying and it was real fun. But the car is only designed to go at a maximum speed of 50 miles per hour, whereas a Mustang is probably designed to go somewhere around 80-90 but for fuel economy it is based at 55mph tops.

The mustang is a big heavy car, it is a beast. I would have to say that all the people power hungry on here and all that, that is good if it is a weekender car or such, but I commute with mine and to add another 30hp or put a supercharger kit on it might be neat, make me feel happy and all but you should see my odometer, I average exactly 30mph. Also this car does not handle well due to its size, which I don't mind because you aren't suppose to be on public American roads doing all kinds of crazy stuff, nobody drives like that! I can pass dozens, hundreds of cars but I drive in the last 2 lanes these days, the car is crazy fast... everyone on the road knows you are driving a better car than they are.. there is nothing to prove.

I felt my other car was everything to me, it got in a wreck.. I didn't flip out, I was just starving at the time and didn't appreciate that I couldn't get food in my stomache til the idiot druggies that hit my car would be done with the whole thing and I could go home. I got it fixed, better than it was before because it was afterall a used car and had damage back there from previous accidents.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:03 PM
led_revolver
1st Gear Member

im sorry about your car, and 07 stang im really sorry for your loss

i mostly see rain as a good time to get the tail end out and do some 360s. I guess if you look at it one way its made me a better driver and i can control a car in the wet better than most, but this and some other posts have really slowed me down.

you can always replace a car, thank god tonight that your okay
Old 11-01-2007, 05:25 PM
CTSTANG

Some good news! thanks for all the concern because i really appreciate how everyone understands. Looks like it's not totaled so it will be able to be fixed. I'm happy i'll still have my baby.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:31 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

sorry to hear that, my friend bascially had a similar incident last saturday in his mazdaspeed3....he was doing like 60 in a 45 and it was wet, and he ended up coming around a turn and a truck was doing like 30, he tried slamming the brakes on, but he just lost control and the back went into a tree, thats gonna be totaled.......glad your cars gonna live to see another day....all this accident talk is just really scaring/hopefully not jynxing me.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:16 PM
amptor
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CTSTANG

Some good news! thanks for all the concern because i really appreciate how everyone understands. Looks like it's not totaled so it will be able to be fixed. I'm happy i'll still have my baby.
That's good to hear. Sometimes things look worse than they actually are. My insurance dumped $5grand into my vw bug when it got hit. And I mean, a 1964 vw bug, not a new one.