Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Are you happy with your leather seats?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 05:09 PM
DylanFan
3rd Gear Member

Default Are you happy with your leather seats?

Those of you with leather seats, either bought GT take-off leather or came with your car, are you happy you have the leather? I have done a few things to exterior of my 2006 V6 Tungsten Grey coupe such as CAI/Tuner, True duals with H-pipe and GT take-off mufflers, wide hood stripes, black honeycomb panel, black trim around the tail lights and sequential turn signals. Now, I wanted to do some interior mods and the first thing I did was order GT take-off leather seats for $299 + $20 shipping. They should arrive on Tuesday. I'm starting to wonder if theleather will be cold in winter and hot in summer. My wife has a 2000 Corvette convertible with factory leather seats. They were so slick that we put neoprene seat covers on them to protect them and make them feel better. Anyone not happy they have the leather seats? Or anyone who is extremely happy with the leather seats?
Old 10-28-2007, 05:13 PM
CroDalmatinac
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Are you happy with your leather seats?

Other than the fact that they are vinyl, not leather (only the front seats where your butt sits is leather and the back seats are all vinyl), they are OK at best. It doesn't help that they crack in very easily either. IDK bout the GT500 ones, maybe those are all leather but the GT one's are OK at best, IMO.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:31 PM
ArcticFrog
2nd Gear Member

I can't speak to the Ford leather (mine were done custom later) but as far as temperature it's not that bad. Yes they're chilly in winter and warm in summer but not like vinyl is where you burn your legs in summer when you touch them in shorts. Leather's much more forgiving about temperature PLUS it's wipeable should anything get on your seats.

And just as a personal opinion, the leather will be WAY better than the mustang cloth seats. I'd never felt a cloth seat so rough and nubbly nevermind the word 'mustang' stitched throughout....BLECH [:@]

I think you'll be glad you made the switch to leather.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:16 PM
Fyrewalker
1st Gear Member

I bought the GT take offs, and I can say that I absolutely love the look and the feel far better than the cloth that it replaced. The install of the leather seating was easy and everytime I get in her now, she smells brand new!
Old 10-28-2007, 07:35 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

there okay...not noticably bad. WIll tell you over the winter.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:58 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

If you live in an area with long cold winters ... do yourself a favor and spend $100 on some aftermarket seat heaters. They go in while swapping the upholstery so then is the perfect time. I wish I had thought of it and there is no way I'm taking the upholstery back off again to do it now ..
Old 10-28-2007, 08:00 PM
Charlie321
2nd Gear Member

News flash: things get hot in the summer and cold in the winter. That shouldn't justify settling for the eyesore which is the Mustang cloth interior.

BTW - i have the charcoal leather. It's okay as leather seats go. Lots of cars only have "leather seating surfaces" these days. It's not great, but it doesn't suck. The cloth seats, now those suck.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:26 PM
jdphillips73
4th Gear Member

i think the leather is cheap quality, and yes most of the leather seats are vinyl.. they should call them vinyl seats with leather trim.

however, they look 100 times better than cloth, add to the value of your car, and when they are freshly conditioned and cleaned, they look awesome. they do seem to be wearing really fast too. my car has 10 k on it, the seats look like 75k..
Old 10-28-2007, 08:43 PM
Supercruzin
2nd Gear Member

I have leather seats in the GT and I like them allot, have cloth in the Pony. No issues with the actual leather on the GT yet. I have had issues with priorford vehicle leather seats. Had a few sets replaced under warranty due to signs of wear with very low mileage. I will probally get a set from new take off myself for the Pony, they just look so much better than the cloth.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:08 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

So far, so good. But was told they are not really leather.

Quick Reply: Are you happy with your leather seats?