Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Custom Intercooler Installed!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 12:14 PM
Wickerbill
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Custom Intercooler Installed!!

yes it is, but I dont know of any setups with a true intercooler setupthough...
Me neither, the only true intercooler design I have worked on has been a diesel engine. Aftercooler, intercooler it doesnt matter though, as long as you are cooling that charge. Personally I wouldnt consider boost without a cooler. Itwill work just fine but the more you raise those combustion temps the more chances of failure.

Oh and from the pics I cantell thats greatwork thats been done on your ride. Especially the cooler, I know whatgoes into custom workand that is an excellent install job!
Old 10-30-2007, 12:58 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Custom Intercooler Installed!!

steel << there are actually no "XXpsi pulleys", they are just sizes that people have found make a certain amount of boost. Most people with the normal Vortech system make 12psi with a 2.87" pulley, which is what I put on the blower. However, because the air-air coolers tend to lose a bit of boost, it is only making 10.5psi.

bill << that shop I go to is really great, they are the ONLY people I trust with my car