Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

rear louvers

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 08:53 PM
Jsierzega
3rd Gear Member

Default rear louvers

i was looking at the rear window louvers on ninosport and noticed that there is an aluminum one for 400 or an abs plastic one for i think 250. does any one know anything about either of the two?
Old 10-30-2007, 09:07 PM
Supercruzin
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: rear louvers

The metal ones are smooth and will not sag after they get hot over time with like abs will. Both can be painted but the abs is textured and wouldn't look as good. Most of the metal ones also have hinges so they can be taken off to clean the rear window. The abs is stuck on with 3M tape and can't be lifted to clean the glass.
I'm going to get the metal ones and paint the same color as my car when the prices come down some.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:43 AM
OIIIIO
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Supercruzin

The metal ones are smooth and will not sag after they get hot over time with like abs will. Both can be painted but the abs is textured and wouldn't look as good. Most of the metal ones also have hinges so they can be taken off to clean the rear window. The abs is stuck on with 3M tape and can't be lifted to clean the glass.
I'm going to get the metal ones and paint the same color as my car when the prices come down some.
How's that? Don't you have a vert or you have a coupe as well?
Old 10-31-2007, 08:05 AM
07Thorobrd
1st Gear Member

i would say go w the metal ones bc they will look better in the long run. i saw a guy w the black plastic kind and it didnt match his car at all.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:30 AM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

i like mine alottttttt lol i can pick it up and clean under it and i see right thru since it has space between the flaps unlike the other louvers ive seen
Old 10-31-2007, 09:41 AM
jimkaray
4th Gear Member

The ABS ones are bulky looking and just look cheap in my opinion. I went with the aluminum ones and you can see there is a lot of labor involved in making them and the quality is worthy of a factory option.I bought them from Cervini's at the Fords at Carlisle show. They aren't the manufacturer so shop around on price. I try and by the big or expensive stuff at these types of shows since: a) no shipping and b) usually vedors offer special show pricing. I paid $380 which is still a lot but I do like them.

[IMG]local://upfiles/78337/DC872EDC14FE4B508FFCC6680C6BC980.jpg[/IMG]
Old 10-31-2007, 09:42 AM
banka87
4th Gear Member

If the abs is prepped right you can't tell the difference.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:25 PM
Supercruzin
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: OIIIIO

How's that? Don't you have a vert or you have a coupe as well?
I have both, the 06 GT pictured and 07 Coupe Pony. See link, i just loaded a few photos of it today.
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/b...9/oct07027.jpg
Old 10-31-2007, 06:28 PM
Supercruzin
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: banka87

If the abs is prepped right you can't tell the difference.
More work that I would put into them for the desired look and they still wouldn'tlook better than the metal ones when finished IMO.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:07 PM
KingKung

how do those aluminum ones attach on?

Quick Reply: rear louvers