Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

what do you guys think of this site and wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 09:05 PM
Dirty Jersey Mustang

Default what do you guys think of this site and wheels?

americanmuscle.com I'm trying to get some deep dish bullits. But I don't know if this a good move. What brand are all these wheels. Are they good? Or should I hold out for some shelby torque thrust m's?
Old 11-01-2007, 10:35 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Default RE: what do you guys think of this site and wheels?

I bought my 17x9" replica Bullitts and center caps from American Muscle. I would highly recommend them...
Old 11-01-2007, 11:37 PM
Stang_Heritage07
2nd Gear Member

I've heard pretty much good things about them. good service/shipping.

only bad thing I have heard of is cheap centercraps that go to the pits rather quickly
Old 11-01-2007, 11:58 PM
FTT

I got the 20 x 8.5 Exodus (black) wheels from them with the NITTO 555's... One of the best companies ive delt with... Only downside is that I couldnt get them sent already mounted and balanced because I have an 07 mustang and those require new TPMS brackets and your OEM sensors... so you gotta have them installed somewhere local. Also... the TPMS brackets i got from them were too wide and so I had to send them back. Other than that last part this company is golden in my opinion... great people to deal with and everything came in a timley manner

whatever you do, avoid RMPoutlett.com

lata,

FTT
Old 11-03-2007, 01:07 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

IMHO american muscle is the best internet company out there. Great service, good prices and free shipping, oh and BTW they have a discount for Mustang Forum members.
Check the first 5 lines of this thread out about the Customer service they offer.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:59 AM
Fallout
3rd Gear Member

i ordered my xenon hood scoop from them and a CDC chin spoiler,they were great..i was able to call up on the morning the order was being sent out,and cancle the CDC part(im going with the 3d carbon one instead)with no problems...thier free shipping is awesome and with how close i live to them..it basically overnight shipping for free when it comes to my orders
Old 11-04-2007, 06:33 PM
YellowFlame
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rmays06

IMHO american muscle is the best internet company out there. Great service, good prices and free shipping, oh and BTW they have a discount for Mustang Forum members.
Check the first 5 lines of this thread out about the Customer service they offer.
What thread? Details?
Old 11-05-2007, 07:34 PM
Neave

Do 20s mess up the ride at all?!
Old 11-05-2007, 10:37 PM
Zrz11386
2nd Gear Member

Ordered my deep dish bullits from American Muscle, great wheels, replaced the center caps with others from American Muscle, and couldnt be happier, really fast free shipping, and customer service is awesome.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:10 AM
YellowFlame
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Neave

Do 20s mess up the ride at all?!
Depends on what you like for ride.

In my experience, once you get a short enough sidewall ride quality goes out the window. It gets harsh, you can feel every pebble in the road. The Mustang suspension isn't nearly sophisticated enough to actually benefit from race profile rubber, so you'd be sacrificing ride quality for looks only.
Also - rims are easy to damage with real low profile tires. I wouldn't go bigger than 18s with 255/45R18s myself. (That's what we are ordering.) We looked at 20s but to get the correct size tire the sidewalls are like rubber bands.

Quick Reply: what do you guys think of this site and wheels?