Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Ok Now Im Starting To Wonder...

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 08:16 PM
dynestegold

Default RE: Ok Now Im Starting To Wonder...

I don't know about you, but I am a girl, and I went shopping specifically for a manual... Almost didn't get one because they could only find 2 in the five state area, and neither color was my first, second, or third choice. For me, it was a manual or nothing. My first car was a four-speed manual, and the cool thing was, most other people couldn't drive it 'cause they never learned to drive a 'stick'.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:17 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

I don't know about loss of horsepower for being a manual. If I remember correctly, I seem to recall test being made that the manual was a little "bit" faster.
Really, it doesn't matter.....auto or manual it's still a beautiful car!
Old 11-07-2007, 08:20 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dynestegold

I don't know about you, but I am a girl, and I went shopping specifically for a manual... Almost didn't get one because they could only find 2 in the five state area, and neither color was my first, second, or third choice. For me, it was a manual or nothing. My first car was a four-speed manual, and the cool thing was, most other people couldn't drive it 'cause they never learned to drive a 'stick'.
Same here.....after looking on the lot I told the dealer what I wanted. All the V6s on their lot was auto....no manual to be found! He called over to their sister store and found the one like I wanted on a car carrier being delivered. That was my lucky day!
Old 11-07-2007, 09:18 PM
Puerto Rico 4.6
3rd Gear Member

Most of the reasons given here are comon misconceptions. The auto tranny on modern stangs S197 are great when properly tuned. I actually get a kick out of running 14.5 on a v6 auto stang which is supposed to be the slowest stang on sale right now. I also like that i dont miss shifts like on my 450 HP 2000 GT 5 speed. The car takes off hard and chirps second and third gear ...all in D.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:03 PM
kngdaka
4th Gear Member

My reply has to do with me having no choice, this was the cheapest stang around, and I reallllly liked the color and options. If I wasn't taking a hit on the price, color, or options, I figured its okay to take a hit on the tranny. My uncle called it a "girl-o-matic" (no disrespect) but I shut him up when I crushed his Mercury in a little 0-60 race. I heard most of these 6ers are auto anyway, so you're not alone. Personally, sometimes I wish I had a manual, but othertimes I like to just sit back, relax, and let the car do the work!
Old 11-07-2007, 11:13 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

No matter what I am happy with my auto, but today, as a matter of fact, I was asked that same question...
Old 11-08-2007, 07:04 AM
PonyUp
1st Gear Member

Yeah, so how's that manualworking out for you in bumper-to-bumper traffic? Is your foot tired yet??? HA!
Old 11-08-2007, 07:10 AM
MustangHeat2007
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: laserred02

i have found most people who say this do not nor have they ever driven a stick. they only say this because of the thought that a sports car should be a manual. I have a manual because I like it, but most people do not get a manual not even in a sports car like the mustang. don't worry about it enjoy your car!
+1, I love when people judge you on something they are unable to do themselves...and yeah, I do think sports cars should be manuals, however, I don't own a manual...I had a manual RSX-S...Much rather drive my 'Stang.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:12 AM
MustangHeat2007
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dynestegold

I couldn't find a manual either...I had to pick something fast because my '71 is not the best DD...and I think my V6 looks awesome, and it makes the best DD....
Old 11-08-2007, 08:30 AM
ArcticFrog
2nd Gear Member

I only wanted a manual, but that preference aside, I did test drive a V6 that was an auto and it was sluggish-city! I was really disappointed in it but I knew the manual would add pep to the drive so I crossed my fingers and told the dealer to go ahead with the search for the V6 PP that I wanted (they didn't have a manual V6 on the lot for me to test drive). True to form, the PP manual was definitely peppier and I'm happy with it. Now I'm anxious to get the new V6 Ford performance package on it and really see how she'll fly

If I had a V6 autoI think a new tune would have to be mod numero uno just to wake it up.

And yes, my foot does hurt in traffic. Worst part is 99% of my driving is city driving...but Istill wouldn't trade it for an auto if I could. Manuals were what I was born to drive!

Quick Reply: Ok Now Im Starting To Wonder...