Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Installing Autometer Cobalt Gauges

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 02:55 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Default RE: Installing Autometer Cobalt Gauges

ORIGINAL: Blue Stampede

You ain't far from me.....why don't we race in your place? If you won't show, I'll say you're just a *** disguising in the forum for high school kids!

Let's put up a wager starting at 5k? Man...I needed the money!
Typical texan style.
He who is the fastest wins?
Go away, you are buggin me.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:58 PM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Blue Stampede

I brought my car to the shop for gauge installation but my mechanic wasn't able to complete the install and told me that I needed more parts like the braided SS lines to complete the fuel and oil pressure gauge. And for the water pressure gauge, I'll be needing metric fitters or hose adapters. Any other ideas?

[IMG]local://upfiles/50318/E85741A8D17343F3A5C2171C361D001A.jpg[/IMG]
You should be using electric gauges not mechanical. You don't want fuel/oil lines in the pass compartment. Water pressure gauge?
I ran the wiring thru the defroster vent... no holes drilled

I am confused though... the text on your pic montage says Vortech, the interior says Roush Charged and one of your posts says Procharger. ???? What exactly do you have on your pony?
Old 11-10-2007, 03:02 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

ORIGINAL: GrayPony

You should be using electric gauges not mechanical. You don't want fuel/oil lines in the pass compartment. Water pressure gauge?
I ran the wiring thru the defroster vent... no holes drilled

I am confused though... the text on your pic montage says Vortech, the interior says Roush Charged and one of your posts says Procharger. ???? What exactly do you have on your pony?
+1
run wiring thru the defroster vent, duh
no holes, whoops too late for Blue Stampede
his mechanic drilled a hole and now does not
know how to hook up theguages........ [:@]

Now GreyPony has a mean looking guage pod
and quality guages. It fits so well with the stangs
interior, it looks factory.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:10 PM
Blue Stampede
1st Gear Member

Yeah I have electric cobalt gauges. I used to have Vortech but it's not good for daily driving. Sold it out for a Procharger.

Hey, 157db have you got a loan from DiTech yet?

5k and I'll drive to Arkansas where Hill and Billy lives! I guess that's where my DUMB mechanic came from!

And yeah, he works at PRO ONE Automotive in Whitehouse, Texas!
Old 11-10-2007, 03:14 PM
Blue Stampede
1st Gear Member

For all those who are CIVILIZED and EDUCATED enough to help...Thank you very much!

Watch out for that *** that lures kids in this forum!
Old 11-10-2007, 03:45 PM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

I hate to see a thread like this in 4.0. Starting to look like off-topic with the rude posts. Usually if someone posts in 4.0 something of their stang that people don't like, people will keep their negative opinions to themselves. Hope this doesn't become a trend
Old 11-10-2007, 10:10 PM
Wickerbill
3rd Gear Member

C&L CAI with tune
ProCharger Supercharger
I would be very interested in seeing how you have a CandL with your procharger? I want to see what kind of custom work it took to make that work.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:32 AM
Blue Stampede
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the insinuations and insults that I get from this forum, as it triggered my intelligence more. Heck, if I know all the functions of the human anatomy why not this car?
I don't know why I asked for help here instead of relying from my own intelligence but I figured it all out myself! And I urge other noobs not to do the same mistake that I made.

You are all right especially DB, I don't need that dumba** mechanic at all! The install was really easy especially on the electrical part and I believe I was just scammed by Pro One Auto shop to get my money. And hey, I didn't authorize them to cut a hole in my dash and depreciated my trade - in value more by reducing the potential collectability of my car being 1 of the 500 built in Texas and Oklahoma only. So, I either they replace my dash or I'll see them in court for the damages.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:45 AM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

If you can find someone to wrap the top pad of the dash with blue carbon fiber you can get the hole covered and match the pod. Running the wires through the defrost is the best andcleanest way without holes.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:23 AM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

blue stampede i like you car, it looks great dont listen to 157. hes more immature then i am and im probably half his age. guys like him are why i post on other forums. you do what you want with your car, its beautiful. so is that srt-6.

157db, stop starting **** man, seriously. its getting really fukin old. be nice for awhile build up some respect.

Quick Reply: Installing Autometer Cobalt Gauges