Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Which dual muffler setup should I go with?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 01:00 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

Default Which dual muffler setup should I go with?

Hey, everyone. I'm looking into finally completing a long-time wish of mine, and that's putting dual exhaust on my car. I currently have a single MRT AeroTurbine axle back, which is very loud. I love that it's loud, but I think putting dual MRTs would be way too much. I want an exhaust system that's comparable in loudness to a single MRT, though I'm not sure what to go with. Can anyone tell me what dual muffler system can achieve the volume/sound I have now? I've been thinking SLP Loudmouths or MRT Max Thunders.

Thanks.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:02 PM
jwilhelm
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Which dual muffler setup should I go with?

Victoria, forget the mufflers, go with a straight through system utilizing a set of muffler delete tail pipes such as those put out by Pypes or MotoBlue. If you've got the bucks, go with Ford Racing's new dual system made by Borla. This kit goes for around $600 plus, but it's made specifically for our V6s and fits exact. Just buy a set of muffler delete tail pipes and install those in place of the mufflers that come with the kit. I've had a straight through system on my car now for several months and it's actually not as noisey as some of the mufflers I've had on the car. No kidding. My thoughts. Take care, Jack.

[IMG]local://upfiles/63501/AB9BCF64F23747F68DC966A1797F5A84.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/63501/1330643740B743FBAAC76A3D2DAAADB4.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-11-2007, 10:25 PM
Stang_Heritage07
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jwilhelm

Victoria, forget the mufflers, go with a straight through system utilizing a set of muffler delete tail pipes such as those put out by Pypes or MotoBlue. If you've got the bucks, go with Ford Racing's new dual system made by Borla. This kit goes for around $600 plus, but it's made specifically for our V6s and fits exact. Just buy a set of muffler delete tail pipes and install those in place of the mufflers that come with the kit. I've had a straight through system on my car now for several months and it's actually not as noisey as some of the mufflers I've had on the car. No kidding. My thoughts. Take care, Jack.

[IMG]local://upfiles/63501/AB9BCF64F23747F68DC966A1797F5A84.jpg[/IMG]
NO. DO NOT I repeat DO NOT do straight pipes. First off, they will drone like nothing else you have heard. If you think dual MRTs would be loud, dear god. Second off, it does not even sound all that great (my opinion). If you are trying to go for something good I would recommend either FRPP Stingers (only some drone)///Corsas (nice throaty sound w/ no drone) or perhapds the FRPP GTAs (nice classic sound, not too crazy but when you get on it sounds great w/ no drone). Pypes X Street Pro is also a good option. --> youtube is your friend.

[IMG]local://upfiles/63501/1330643740B743FBAAC76A3D2DAAADB4.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-12-2007, 08:34 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

ORIGINAL: Stang_Heritage07
NO. DO NOT I repeat DO NOT do straight pipes. First off, they will drone like nothing else you have heard. If you think dual MRTs would be loud, dear god. Second off, it does not even sound all that great (my opinion). If you are trying to go for something good I would recommend either FRPP Stingers (only some drone)///Corsas (nice throaty sound w/ no drone) or perhapds the FRPP GTAs (nice classic sound, not too crazy but when you get on it sounds great w/ no drone). Pypes X Street Pro is also a good option. --> youtube is your friend.
I agree.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:52 AM
CroDalmatinac
4th Gear Member

I have straight pipes after the mid pipe on my setup without any drone whatsoever...

GT Takeoffs, soon to be FRPP GTA's BTW.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:13 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

FRPP/Borla or JBA. i have JBA's and have heard that borlas have the same tone characteristics. mellow agressive growl. no drone.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:21 AM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

1. The ford racing kit is not made by borla

2. you do not want straight pypes without mufflers, you do need some backpressure, and your car will drone like crazy

3. I ahve the pypes streetpros with an xpipe, and I love it. If you want something tuned well, but very loud, get these. They area lso like 450 for a full stainless kit that includes everything.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNOvFesXsiQ

I soon may get the GTA's because these are getting me in trouble....some person around the school complained to my vice principal that I was speeding, now she gave me a warning, and if she gets another complaint I cant drive to shcool
Old 11-12-2007, 11:35 AM
Wickerbill
3rd Gear Member

I have straight pipes after the mid pipe on my setup without any drone whatsoever...

GT Takeoffs, soon to be FRPP GTA's BTW.

hahaha....that is so funny, dude they arent talking about the pipes actually being straight as in straight line....haha

They are talking about one pipe "straight" off the cats with no muffler
Old 11-12-2007, 12:07 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nonstopred

1. The ford racing kit is not made by borla
really......then who makes them? i thought that was already a fact.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:15 PM
DelStang86
2nd Gear Member

borla makes ford's performance mufflers. checked it out myself. they have for quite some time now. and I've heard a straight-piped six that sounded amazing. no drone, but pretty loud.

Quick Reply: Which dual muffler setup should I go with?