Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

drifting the silver fox!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 11:14 PM
sopenco1
1st Gear Member

Default RE: drifting the silver fox!

wow how did this thing got revived?? but oh well i got them at als muffler shop 400 for the whole job with a preffabed h pype. By the way i havent drifted since than and i havent killed anyone or myself. My car still hasnt crashed or broken down or anything. my girlfriend is still alive and she is still with me. so see no harm done. I dont advocate drifting on the street but i think that what i did is the same thing as going into a parking lot and lighting the tires up becuase as i mentioned in my original post i kept all variables that i could control safe.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:49 PM
my first mustang
3rd Gear Member

Be cool man. If this is the only way your youthful indiscretions come back to haunt you,your lucky.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:44 AM
Stangman106
1st Gear Member

=| When i was 17, i was on the i-95 (from Miami to Orlando) with a friend and i decided to hit top speed in my car (hit about pass 120), a truck pulled infront of me, guess he didnt see me, and i slammed the brakes, and boy did we drift.....we did 5 360 degree circles, middle of traffic, and luckily we didnt hit a wall, cause it was grass median not concrete median, the grass median stopped us and Thank god we were both ok.... my car suffered no damage...

Now i drive like a grandma, specially since i have a girlfriend and do see a future with her =)
Old 02-23-2008, 10:04 AM
Yellow Tang
2nd Gear Member

I’m 52 and your 17 and If I had a Car like this when I was 17 I guarantee I would of done some dumb a** stuff in it. I’m not going to kick you in the a** for it because after reading this post all I can do is Laugh about every one kicking you in the a**. I Laugh Not because of what you did but because you were dumb enough to tell what you did jajaja or LOL or ha-ha I jumped the Railroad tracks in my Dads LTD ripped of the exhaust from the muffler back re-hung it with coat hangers the day before he traded it in on his new truck so we have all done dumb a** things I try to learn from my screw ups but at this point in time I can also look back and Laugh about them too. I do not think you were out to hurt anyone and it sounds like you were not indangering bystanders and at 17 you are going to some brain farts. My hope is you get them all out before you are a Doctor. JA-JA LOL HA-HA good luck be safe and have fun. I have had my car sideways in the empty parking lot at work on snowy ground 360s and I was 17 again LOL
Old 02-23-2008, 10:30 AM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

I say no harm done, but just be careful, and dont do this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p1wa35QDs8
Old 02-23-2008, 02:33 PM
sopenco1
1st Gear Member

i have yet to do a doughnut in my car on an empty parking lot not enough open space parking lots too dangerous.....