Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Advantages of V6 over GT

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 06:11 PM
myredgt
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Advantages of V6 over GT

05AV6
Date 11/19/2007 3:43:28 PM

I wanted the new Mustang the minute I saw it. This from a Chevy man my whole life. Now the choice was made to get a V6 not by me but by my wife, she bought the car for me in Nov of 05. Was I disapointed by her decision? Not at all, we had talked about the new Mustang in passing all the while she was taking notes. I didn't need or want a GT, the added cost of the car was not worth it to me. Now, I have thouroghly enjoyed my V6. I had the fortune to be in the same area as Doug the tuning man, he was looking for a mule, I volunteered being an old hotrodder . That set me on the path to modify my V6, first it was Dougs early tunes , then the development of a few CAI's, then the UDP, and now the X charger, 3:73's and a T Loc. For me I have enjoyed bending wrenches on my V6 making it perform in a way the factory had never intended, surprising the general public with it's ability. The GT is expected to be fast, it's expected to perform as well as the exhaust note indicates it should. No challenge there; no the challenge lies in making a secretarys car a screaming beast, A truely FAST Mustang, not one an engineer design but one we designed in our respective garages all across the country. When a GT goes screaming by you can say Ford did it right, when a V6 goes screaming by, you say MAN!! WAS THAT A V6???!!!.Thats why we modify V6 Mustangs.

best....post.... EVER!!!!!! []<----tears of happiness!!!
Old 11-19-2007, 06:49 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chrisc

what ever happened to "a mustang is a mustang"?
Best post in the thread!
Old 11-19-2007, 07:05 PM
ArcticFrog
2nd Gear Member

Not that there's been any in this thread, but I'm kinda tired of the snarky slams 6ers get. Like "Oh, well that's because you're in a 6ixer! ha ha just kidding" What I really read is that they aren't kidding and get their kicks from slamming 6ers. 'Bite Me' is my usual well-thought out reply...but I never post it because it would just stir the pot. It was an $8K difference between the 6 and the GT for the options I wanted when I bought my stangand I'm damn happy in my 6er, just wish the GTers who think they're superior because their stanghas a bigger engine would just go away.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:37 PM
jimkaray
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sancho805

ORIGINAL: 05AV6

I wanted the new Mustang the minute I saw it. This from a Chevy man my whole life. Now the choice was made to get a V6 not by me but by my wife, she bought the car for me in Nov of 05. Was I disapointed by her decision? Not at all, we had talked about the new Mustang in passing all the while she was taking notes. I didn't need or want a GT, the added cost of the car was not worth it to me. Now, I have thouroghly enjoyed my V6. I had the fortune to be in the same area as Doug the tuning man, he was looking for a mule, I volunteered being an old hotrodder . That set me on the path to modify my V6, first it was Dougs early tunes , then the development of a few CAI's, then the UDP, and now the X charger, 3:73's and a T Loc. For me I have enjoyed bending wrenches on my V6 making it perform in a way the factory had never intended, surprising the general public with it's ability. The GT is expected to be fast, it's expected to perform as well as the exhaust note indicates it should. No challenge there; no the challenge lies in making a secretarys car a screaming beast, A truely FAST Mustang, not one an engineer design but one we designed in our respective garages all across the country. When a GT goes screaming by you can say Ford did it right, when a V6 goes screaming by, you say MAN!! WAS THAT A V6???!!!.Thats why we modify V6 Mustangs.
wow....that was inspirational. i respect 05gtdriver's opinion also. what it all comes down to is personal perspective. both of you guys have understandable reasons for your thinking and neither is wrong IMO. whether u got a sixr or a GT, its pretty cool that we have such a legendary car to be proud of.
+1
05AV6 has my vote for President!!
Of course "advantages" is some what subjective as people have been posting.
When shopping for a DD here is some to throw on the list of +'s. It's cheaper to maintain than an v8 - 2 less spark plugs and wires to replace. Also, the fluids should all hold a little less capacity - rad, rear, trans.

Old 11-19-2007, 07:52 PM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

Well a big advantage is more money to spend on mods, if i had gotten aGT my car would be completely stock looking right now and probably automatic so my mom would want to drive it more[&:], insteadI have a Magnaflow dual exhaust, GT rear takeoff bumper, quarter window louvers, 18" rims, chin spoiler, ducktail spoiler, push button start, and my sexy hood pins for when i am able to go fast[8D]and 10" racing stripes. Sure it's not as fast as a GTbut it sure looks fast. and a few people have asked me if it's a shelby, i guess they didnt see my SEV6 emblems
Old 11-19-2007, 08:14 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

I gotta say 05av6 that is one of the best posts I 've ever read!!!! Period!
@rygen thanks for the explinations and the pioneering with the car, if it weren't for those like you and buck and others no one would realize the potential of the V6.
A Mustang is a Mustang!

ORIGINAL: 05AV6

Old 11-19-2007, 08:26 PM
sleeper2
3rd Gear Member

This is an awesome thread, and I own a GT! You folks have shown that the V6 drive train can stand up to extensive modding!

Sleeper2
Old 11-19-2007, 10:30 PM
UK PONY
2nd Gear Member

My reasoning was simple - I had a V6 coupe, liked it but didn't love it for some reason. For the difference I paid I could have had a GT coupe or a V6 vert - what can I say other than I like going topless more than I like getting to 60 a bit faster. In the end V6 or V8, Coupe or Vert they are all great looking cars & decent performers for the money.

My answer to the few V8 snobs out there (yes I know it's not all GT owners - as displayed earlier in this thread) who quip that I'm a few cylinders short of a "proper engine" is..."a V12 is a proper engine, so I guess we're both short a few cylinders".
Old 11-20-2007, 08:24 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

You guys really need to drop the whole v6/v8 thing. A stang is a stang. A few months ago, there was a post or two a week in the V6 section about us not getting enough props, or getting crap. Yea, we have to deal with it, but it gets old when we whine about it every day. Let it go.

A stang is a stang, mod it, and set the world on fire, because at the end of the day, we are one of the main measurements of performance. When you think about it, we have one of the best price/performance packages out there. Where else can you build a 14 second car for under 20k, and a low 13/high 12 second car for under 27k. Both V6 and V8 stang owners should be proud!

Instead, compare our v6's to other sports cars in its class based on price. And 9 times out of 10, you will walk away with a big *** grin. Same goes for the GT, for the price class they are in, you cant beat it.

We ae all on the same team. Remember that.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:28 AM
05AV6
1st Gear Member

That is the truth ,we are all on the same team. Lets enjoy our kick a** Stangs no matter the badges.

Quick Reply: Advantages of V6 over GT