Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What parts should I buy?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 07:24 PM
StreamlineStang
3rd Gear Member

Default What parts should I buy?

Ijust wanted your opinions on a few parts to get for my 07 V6 Mustang. before you start saying get a Supercharger or a Turbo, I'm not looking to heavily mod it. It's my DD so I'm just looking for a few simple cost efective mods that might give me a few more ponys but also help the mpg a couple as well. CAI, TBS, Tuner, Exaust? Any Ideas or perfered brands? And why? I'd just love to hear what you guys think. Thanks, Tyler
Old 11-30-2007, 07:46 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Default RE: What parts should I buy?

Tyler, go with the CAI and Tuner. Most brands of CAI are comparable and work well. The tuners are Xcal and Predator. Both work fine, I went with the XCAL due to the amount of good tuners. If you wanna make it sound better go with the Axleback exhaust, not a hole lot of gain but will help with the sound.
I went with tuneableinductions.com XCAL and CAI package for $525 shipped and there is Flowmaster and FRPP and Borla and Jba for exhaust....stay away from the TB they are very useless for these cars.
UDP's and T-lock and gears next but you are not looking to get into all that from how it sonds.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:48 PM
Wickerbill
3rd Gear Member

Ijust wanted your opinions on a few parts to get for my 07 V6 Mustang. before you start saying get a Supercharger or a Turbo, I'm not looking to heavily mod it. It's my DD so I'm just looking for a few simple cost efective mods that might give me a few more ponys but also help the mpg a couple as well. CAI, TBS, Tuner, Exaust? Any Ideas or perfered brands? And why? I'd just love to hear what you guys think. Thanks, Tyler
Dude I know your new....and welcome by the way, but the answer to the question you just asked can be found in every post in this section of the forum. Almost every post is about CAI, Tuners, Exhaust, and which brands are good and bad. Read through them, youll find lots of good info! Good Luck
Old 11-30-2007, 08:12 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Wickerbill

Dude I know your new....and welcome by the way, but the answer to the question you just asked can be found in every post in this section of the forum. Almost every post is about CAI, Tuners, Exhaust, and which brands are good and bad. Read through them, youll find lots of good info! Good Luck
actually, there was a post a few days ago about license plate names. that was a refreshing topic...haha [8D]
Old 11-30-2007, 08:22 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

You probably should look at something like the Steeda or FRPP package for the 6er. Good things that will keep your car with stock reliability are:

Muffler (JBA, FRPP)
Cat Back Exhaust (FRPP, NinoSport)
Shorty Headers (JBA)
Cold Air Intake (C&L, JLT, Steeda, VMP)
Underdrive Pulley (Steeda, ASP)
T-Lok (FRPP)
Gears (FRPP)
Aluminum Driveshaft (Powerhouse411, Saftmasters)
Tuner (Xcal or Preditor from VMP or Bamachips)

The brands that I listed above are IMO the most reliable for each part. People will probably argue with the brands, but I have been on the forums for a long time and have tried a lot of parts on my car. Keep in mind, for ever part, there are going to be people who have had success with it. For example, a lot of people have had no trouble with the Pypes dual exhaust, but there are also quite a few people who have had issues with them. These are the brands that seemingly have had no problems on our cars.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:45 PM
05nightrider
2nd Gear Member

i agree with chris... also if youre planning on progressively tuning your stang id go with dual exhaust.. its my favorite part of my car...I got the JBA h-pipe system for the v6 with gt takeoff mufflers (bout 700-800 installed) .. the sound is great and you can really tell a difference in the power .. next it would def be cai / tuner. good luck with it and welcome to the club!
Old 11-30-2007, 09:12 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05nightrider

i agree with chris... also if youre planning on progressively tuning your stang id go with dual exhaust.. its my favorite part of my car...I got the JBA h-pipe system for the v6 with gt takeoff mufflers (bout 700-800 installed) .. the sound is great and you can really tell a difference in the power .. next it would def be cai / tuner. good luck with it and welcome to the club!
I also have the JBA true dual system on my car. I actually have had a lot of troubles with the pipes fitment. The drivers side was too close to the spare tire well and rattled against it. If you dont have a good shop, it can be a pita to fix. I am also not the first person with this problem.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:26 PM
StreamlineStang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Wickerbill

Believe meI know there is information everywhere, and I've looked through it, but it seems that there is something new everyday, a new part, new product, etc. And then most of the treads for example are "Should I get a K&N or Mac CAI?" or "Whatbrand of so and so should I get?" and withoutmush if anyinformation onwhat the person wants to do with the car.I just would like to know fora reliable DD what aresome things that'll keep me happy and let me enjoy my new car to the fullest.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:34 PM
StreamlineStang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chrisc

You probably should look at something like the Steeda or FRPP package for the 6er. Good things that will keep your car with stock reliability are:

Muffler (JBA, FRPP)
Cat Back Exhaust (FRPP, NinoSport)
Shorty Headers (JBA)
Cold Air Intake (C&L, JLT, Steeda, VMP)
Underdrive Pulley (Steeda, ASP)
T-Lok (FRPP)
Gears (FRPP)
Aluminum Driveshaft (Powerhouse411, Saftmasters)
Tuner (Xcal or Preditor from VMP or Bamachips)

The brands that I listed above are IMO the most reliable for each part. People will probably argue with the brands, but I have been on the forums for a long time and have tried a lot of parts on my car. Keep in mind, for ever part, there are going to be people who have had success with it. For example, a lot of people have had no trouble with the Pypes dual exhaust, but there are also quite a few people who have had issues with them. These are the brands that seemingly have had no problems on our cars.
Now that's what I'm talking about! Thanks a lot chris. I come from A Mitsubishi 3000GT platform where the parts are limited so once I bought the Stang it made finding a part that much easier but there are so many more vendors that's it's hard to choose between them all. It's like information overload. Btw how's the weather up there in WA? I lived in Bothell/Kenmore WA until I moved down here to AZ in late 2001. What's funny is it's downpouring right now for the first time in a long time, I moved here to get away from the rain!
Old 12-01-2007, 08:26 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05nightrider

You can tell the difference in the power of the car with duals? ITs extra weight and adds maybe 5HP, these cars breath! The H set up doesn't do a whole lot either. BUt hey if you can tell more power to ya!

Quick Reply: What parts should I buy?