Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Totaled?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 09:34 PM
UMTerp2010
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Totaled?

Before:
[img]http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/c...9/100_0168.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/c...9/100_0166.jpg[/img]
[imghttp://i213.photobucket.com/albums/c...9/100_0167.jpg[/img]

After + plus a nice day with some gold class mcguiars:
[img]http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/c...9/100_0571.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/c...100_0570-1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/c...9/100_0568.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/c...9/100_0564.jpg[/img]

Old 12-05-2007, 02:18 AM
proper
2nd Gear Member

sorry to hear that man about ur stang but least ur ok! i also got into an accident too.. our cars can really take a beating i got rear-ended and the other car was really f---- up compared to how my car was. Ford really did the job on desigining a cool looking car along with it being a safe one. i think i remember that the mustang had the best crash test ratings for cars its size? i remember reading that before
Old 12-05-2007, 10:57 AM
Epimetheus
2nd Gear Member

I would just like to thank everyone for their concerns for my well being. It is really good to know that there are people out there that don’t really know each other but can come together here with a common interest. I would also like to thanks everyone on the advice and experiences with similar accidents. The appraiser is coming out today so I’ll keep everyone informed with what is going on. Hopefully I can get some mods. Put on during the painting.

If anyone has any suggestions of what I should do or if anyone in the Western Kentucky have any suggestions of who I should have do the work, please feel free to give me some advice.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:16 PM
banka87
4th Gear Member

I'm interested to know what he says. Keep us posted.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:31 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Wow, sorry to hear about your accident. At least you were able to walk away from it.
Listen to what others have posted about not going to where the Insurance Companies suggest for repairs. I would ask around and see if there is a Ford Dealer that specializes in Body Repair.
Old 12-06-2007, 06:14 PM
Epimetheus
2nd Gear Member

OK, guys I got the Estimate back today and the guy seams to think it will cost around $6158.77 to do the work. So you guys have seen the pics. So here is the Estimate. Let me know if this guy is trying to put the screws to me. As I said before thanks for all the help.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:15 AM
banka87
4th Gear Member

Told you it wasn't totalled!

That's great!
Old 12-10-2007, 05:01 PM
Epimetheus
2nd Gear Member

Hey guys I just wanted to update you on the car. I took it to the local Ford Dealer and that told me that there is no frame damage and they will have the car back to new condition. They told me that they will guarantee there work for the life of the car and if down the road I happen to see something that is off or just doesn’t look right that will redo the work. I asked them if this would be a good time to do some mods and they said they would be glad to do the work.

I just ordered my C-Series Lower Side Scoops from Cervini’s and the dealership said that the cost to paint and install will be minimal. The dealership is also going to put on the Racing Stripes for me for $130.00 which I thought was a pretty good deal. I was originally quoted $500.00 from the dealership I purchased the car from.

So if you guys have any ideas or helpful hints for me while all this work is being done, please let me know. I would like to get as much body work done now while they are not charging me for the paint.

Thanks again guys for all the help so far.

[IMG]local://upfiles/84532/C2F683B8411443D2A37D2185D16840ED.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-11-2007, 07:43 AM
07PonyVert
1st Gear Member

Must have been a day for accidents. I had mine on 12/3 as well. 17 year old moron (no offense to all the young and actually responsible drivers out there) in an 07 Honda Fit wasn't paying attention to the fact that there was traffic stopping during rush hour and proceeded to slam into me at what he claims was 35MPH. I was in the process of braking (coasting on idle in traffic at the time), so my foot was already on the brake, but it was to no avail and I got buried under a Ford F-250. He got a little scuffed and the Honda was pretty much totalled from the front end. I do have to admit though, everyone is right about how Ford built these cars because it took it pretty well. Still about $8K in damages, but the frame is straight and unharmed. More importantly, we made it out in one piece. Pics of the front aren't that great b/c they are frame grabs from video (the guy at the impound lot wouldn't let me take pics since I wasn't from the insurance company...so I put the camera in video mode and walked around ;o) ).

My car is a few weeks shy of 1 year old and well under 12K miles, so according to my insurance, OEM parts are required, so I got lucky there. Also taking care of some mods while it's in the shop. I was actually planning to do the mods on Saturday when this goofball hit me on Monday!!The shop isone of the insurance company's preferred shops, but they have been a great bunch to work with. They're also working on reparinga Saleen that got busted up and so far, it looks amazing compared to when it came in, so I feel mine is in good hands. All work guaranteed for life by them and the insurance company.

Glad to hear you made it out OK as well and that you'll be whole again soon! Let us know how she turns out.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:46 AM
07PonyVert
1st Gear Member

Seems the pics didn't want to go through (try again and hope it works). Here's at least a shot of the rear. As for the front, the bumper was badly damaged and the hood (since I ran under the pickup truck) looked like a mountain in the Rockies from the way it buckled.

[IMG]local://upfiles/79054/4E44BC3856E94539A8B729827D362B14.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Totaled?