Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Last Thread: What luxury car?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 03:57 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Last Thread: What luxury car?

As you can tell I was thinking of buying a mid to high mileage luxury car, but since reading your posts, it is better to either keep the stang orfinance a new to very slightly used car(25k miles or less). Off the list, I would havechose the caddy deville, but b/c they have a lot of mechanical/electrical problems, next I would choose a low milage town car like someone has suggested (cheaper on the walletand very similar to the Deville). But my dad being a big Dodge guy(daimler-chrysler), said that he wouldfinance under his own name for me a new 6 cylinder chrysler300 so I would have cheaper monthlypayments due to me not having a credit rating yet. I am really taking this into question. I will fix the poll and want your guys opinion on this:
Low milage Lincoln Town Car or New Chrsyler300 w/now lifetime warranty? Any test drives, experiences witheither of the vehicles or cars by the producer will begreatly appreciated.

Thanksfor the help , I accept the negative comments b/c Iknow my vast amount of threads and questions have annoyed people so I am sorry for that. I am sorry for the repetitive threads too. Thank all you allguys for the help and it has been a pleasure talking with you over the internet! I will post again to tell you which one I will pick aftera couple days ofrepsonses and someresearch of myown.
Old 12-14-2007, 04:32 PM
Epimetheus
2nd Gear Member

Well my vote is for the 300 over the Towncar. I personally hate the Towncar and would rather drive a Minivan over a Towncar. I also drove a 07 300 and Charger as I stated previously. It had the HIMI in it which I might add was not impressive at all, of course my dad had a 57 Chevy with a 392 HIMI in it and that was impressive. I think that the exterior of the 300 is HOT and they did a good job over the previous model. Yet the exterior is where the design team left home for the day and the bean counters decided to put it in production. I think the interior is half a$$. It is poorly put together and cheep looking as if the original design was from a LEGO model. Again that is another reason why I bought the Mustang, the quality of both the interior and exterior go for beyond what someone could ask for at such a low price.

Now go back and read post #11 on the first page. Now that you have done that, and you are still thinking about getting rid of the Mustang I would go with the Lincoln MXZ or the Zephyr (Almost the same car they just changed the name). The MKX will run circles around the 300 as far as performance goes. The interior is phenomenal, especially if you get the heat and cool leather seats and the THX navigation system. Finally the exterior is just as sporty and classy and the Lincoln LS. I personally was sold on this car until I drove the Mustang and decided that my personal needs did not require a 4 door car. I already have an Explorer so I wanted something a little less family. At the time I was shopping for a new car last June the 07 MKZ fully loaded was less than the 300 I drove which was also fully loaded.

Again if you must sale out, I would go with the MKZ. Add that to your poll and see what people think if you really want to know the truth.
Old 12-14-2007, 04:43 PM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

Why buy a 300 when you can buy the real one...........DA PHANTOM!!!! 300 are so friggin ugly and if ur getting a six. I will make fun of you because I'm sorry thats worse than having a solid 4.0!!!
Old 12-14-2007, 06:23 PM
Mr. Roboto

My dad has a 300 touring and it is a sweet ride. It is pretty quick (feels about as quick as our 4.0 mustang), looks great, and has very comfortable seats. I personally think the interior is nice for the price. It handles very well too, it doesn't feel like some of my dads older cars that were really comfortable, but slopy on the handling. I would definitely get the 300..
Old 12-15-2007, 10:05 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black Mamba GTT

Why buy a 300 when you can buy the real one...........DA PHANTOM!!!! 300 are so friggin ugly and if ur getting a six. I will make fun of you because I'm sorry thats worse than having a solid 4.0!!!
Just wanted to comment on this. I am not getting the car for speed. I am getting a car for luxury, styling, and comfort. The 300 is a luxury car not a track car(unless counting the 2 hemi versions). Like I and others have said, I am not a rich kid so a phantom is way out of my choices and if I had that much money, I would rather buy a house than a car that costs that much.
Epimetheus, thanks for the help, but even a used MKZ or MKX is out of my price range. I can probably sell my car for $10k-$14k and I will have $5k in cash on hand by the spring. My dad doesn't want me to do so much financing that I will not be able to pay it off quickly and not have money for insurance. Insurance will probably be in the $3k-$4k range for these cars and I will take thelongest outa 5 year loan. And I don't make much working agrocery store job at a little above minimum wage for 5 days a week. Thanks for the help guys, keep it coming!
Old 12-15-2007, 11:22 AM
Epimetheus
2nd Gear Member

I see what you are saying now. I thought you were looking at a new 300, and at the time I was looking at them the MKZ was less than the 300 I was looking at. Now if you are looking at used 300s you are correct, you can get a 300 far less than a used MKZ or Zephr. The MKZ is holding its value only dropping 1K from 08 to 07.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:28 AM
jrhykushi
4th Gear Member

i definitely wouldnt get a town car.. unless you wanna look like a car service driver [:@]
just my 2 cents
Old 12-15-2007, 11:33 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Epimetheus

I see what you are saying now. I thought you were looking at a new 300, and at the time I was looking at them the MKZ was less than the 300 I was looking at. Now if you are looking at used 300s you are correct, you can get a 300 far less than a used MKZ or Zephr. The MKZ is holding its value only dropping 1K from 08 to 07.
Yeah, I wasn't very explicit in my last post. The new 6 cylinder 300's go for 20k-25k, used lincoln town car w/low miles i can get for 20k-25k miles, NEW MKZ goes for $30.5k+ which is out of my price range, and like you said, since there holding there value so damn good I can't even look into a used one[:@]. That's whyI didn't add it to the list, I would have if it was in range.I think you though I was looking at the hemi 300's which go for $30k+ which are in the same range as the MKZ.Hope this clears it up for you.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:45 PM
zid3
2nd Gear Member

my boss got a 300c with 24s and the srt8 suspension on it i mean it looks crazy..one of a kind it even a great ride with thoese rims on lol. but the 6 is just plain horrible when u drive that and then jump into his its like night n day, they did a horrible job with the base(v6) 300's and chargers, ride just sucks, power sucks, interior sucks
Old 12-16-2007, 11:01 PM
elroyjetson_1978
2nd Gear Member

I've test driven a v6 charger. It's basically the exact same except the grill as a 300c. My wife thought it felt loose going around corners compared to the mustang but I thought it handled well they are nice but every one I know with the 300c complains that they breakdown alot but I don't know what the problems were