Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

CORSAS are on!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 08:19 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

Default RE: CORSAS are on!

ORIGINAL: chavalo_nm1

Wow..........ive tried lots! Let me try and remember......The GT take offs, MRT, JBA's, Flows (american thunders), Magnaflows...oh yea and the Frpp stingers......these are definnetly the best overall.
yeah but its never as good as the first time.....haha/j/k. you are officially the muff man.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:59 PM
jrhykushi
4th Gear Member

out of the ones u tried, other than the corsas, which ones produced the least drone?
Old 12-13-2007, 09:45 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jrhykushi

out of the ones u tried, other than the corsas, which ones produced the least drone?
JBAs didnt make any drone
Old 12-13-2007, 10:09 PM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sancho805

Wow..........ive tried lots! Let me try and remember......The GT take offs, MRT, JBA's, Flows (american thunders), Magnaflows...oh yea and the Frpp stingers......these are definnetly the best overall.
yeah but its never as good as the first time.....haha/j/k. you are officially the muff man.
That might make him popular with the ladies...
Old 12-13-2007, 10:26 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: basketballord

ORIGINAL: Sancho805

That might make him popular with the ladies...
LMAO! damn man, good thing you are happy. don't wanna spend more cash on mufflers!
Old 12-14-2007, 01:07 PM
chavalo_nm1
3rd Gear Member

exactely.......I definetly know that now I wont be wasting any money on mufflers.
@ Besam.....I had the MRT muffler and it really droned alot....I wasnt a fan of the highpitched sound when it got to the higher rpm's....I actually thought it sounded fine until i had someone else drive my car.....If you want deeper and drone isnt a problem then I would go with either some american thunders (flowmasters) or some FRPP stingers....the american thunders are cheaper...

@jrhykushi Honestly....the GT take offs dont drone at all and sound descent. For the price...(around 60 bucks....many gt owners sell theirs because they go with some after market mufflers) its a cheap alternative ..... or something temporary until you have enough for the mufflers you want.

Ill try and get some clips up in the next few days for those who are interesting in hearing a non-fi car with the corsas.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:52 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

I've run a bunch on my 4.0 much like Chavalo_nm1.

Opinions in order of install:

Stock Ford V6 muffler: *yawn*
GT takeoff single: Not bad, definite improvement.
MAC duals: GREAT idle but obnoxious tone when higher than idle, loud, and enough drone to render talking or music listening on the highway impossible.
GT takeoff duals: Nice sound, a bit quieter than I'd like. no drone.
Pypes Street Pros: Nice, but a bit louder around town than I preferred. Some highway drone.
FRPP (Borla) Stingers: Nice tone. Loud but not too loud. Some drone at highway speeds, but liveable.
Corsas: Great sound. Pretty quiet while cruising, but open up strong when the pedal is down. ZERO drone.

Overall, the Corsas are the last muffler I'll feel a need to buy for this car. Flat out perfect for what I want (Nice but not obnoxious around town and on the highway, real performance sound when the car is beingdriven hard)
Old 12-14-2007, 09:23 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

I like the sound of the corsa's very nice and low. Sound alot like the steeda Muffler IMO. Glad they worked out for you. I have had a few as well and I'm going back to ole dependable, Flows....lol
Old 12-15-2007, 06:22 AM
NJBLK07GT
2nd Gear Member

Here what the Corsa's look like from the rear.

[IMG]local://upfiles/67276/ECCF7A59C4244000BE86F1C8F556E159.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-15-2007, 12:22 PM
Stangman106
1st Gear Member

I may sound like a n00b asking this but i dont care lol do those corsa's fit on a v6?

BTW nice stang *thumbs up*

Quick Reply: CORSAS are on!