Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Did you all know we drive unsafe cars? (since we're sharing stories..)

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 01:30 PM
ArcticFrog
2nd Gear Member

Default Did you all know we drive unsafe cars? (since we're sharing stories..)

This happened to me the week I bought my stang. Since we've been sharing admiration stories in the other thread, thought I'd share this funny story too.

As written to my family that same day:

I picked upmy sonfrom a birthday party at Chucky Cheese's this afternoon. One of his best friends name is Joey and Joey and his dad were leaving at the same time we were, we walked out the doors together. I hear Joey say "did you bring the new car?" and I thought he was talking to me because maybemy sonhad told him that I had just bought a new car. I start to turn around and his dad says "it's not our new car yet, we're just test driving it but yes I brought it" so I laugh and say to Joey's Dad "Oh I thought Joey was talking to me because we just bought a new car yesterday!"

Joey speaks up and says "what did you get?" andmy soninterjects to answer smugly "a MUSTANG!"

To which Joey replies "Aw, MAN! That's not fair! Dad, why can't WE ever get an unsafe car????"

LMAO!!!I can imagine that Joey's dad was pretty mortified that not only did his son interpret their car shopping into 'safe' and 'unsafe' cars but better yet to yell out that his friends' mom just bought said unsafe car...I was DYING laughing!!!!

Ah kids....never know what they'll say!!!
Old 12-20-2007, 01:40 PM
kngdaka
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Did you all know we drive unsafe cars? (since we're sharing stories..)

From the looks of cars posted on this site that have been in accidents, I'd say we're riding around in some safe cars that can take pretty harsh rear-ending.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:23 PM
Ken04
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Did you all know we drive unsafe cars? (since we're sharing stories..)

ORIGINAL: kngdaka

From the looks of cars posted on this site that have been in accidents, I'd say we're riding around in some safe cars that can take pretty harsh rear-ending.
didn't the Mustang just receive the govt's highest rating ? The 5 star rating ?
Old 12-20-2007, 03:42 PM
oh6vee6
2nd Gear Member

Yes it did. Our cars are exceptionally safe. I've seen S197's with enough damage to scare the crap outta you and the driver and passengers walked away..
Old 12-20-2007, 03:51 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ArcticFrog

This happened to me the week I bought my stang. Since we've been sharing admiration stories in the other thread, thought I'd share this funny story too.

As written to my family that same day:

I picked upmy sonfrom a birthday party at Chucky Cheese's this afternoon. One of his best friends name is Joey and Joey and his dad were leaving at the same time we were, we walked out the doors together. I hear Joey say "did you bring the new car?" and I thought he was talking to me because maybemy sonhad told him that I had just bought a new car. I start to turn around and his dad says "it's not our new car yet, we're just test driving it but yes I brought it" so I laugh and say to Joey's Dad "Oh I thought Joey was talking to me because we just bought a new car yesterday!"

Joey speaks up and says "what did you get?" andmy soninterjects to answer smugly "a MUSTANG!"

To which Joey replies "Aw, MAN! That's not fair! Dad, why can't WE ever get an unsafe car????"

LMAO!!!I can imagine that Joey's dad was pretty mortified that not only did his son interpret their car shopping into 'safe' and 'unsafe' cars but better yet to yell out that his friends' mom just bought said unsafe car...I was DYING laughing!!!!

Ah kids....never know what they'll say!!!
hahaha......the dad sounds like a major square. are you sure it wasnt actually joey's mom? (not a mom like you of course ). this guy obviously has some grudge about something that would make him label a car "unsafe" when its actually the contrary. good story.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:01 PM
ArcticFrog
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sancho805

hahaha......the dad sounds like a major square. are you sure it wasnt actually joey's mom? (not a mom like you of course ). this guy obviously has some grudge about something that would make him label a car "unsafe" when its actually the contrary. good story.
LOL yup, I'm sure...it was DAD. I guess he's one of those 'practical' kinda people. Freak. ha ha
Old 12-20-2007, 05:30 PM
xyster
2nd Gear Member

Yeah talk about being contrary to unsafe... besides an article I had read stating that the 2008 convertible mustang being the first to hold the title of a 5 star safety rating (which is pretty wicked for it being a convertible), i've seen some pictures of our stangs in some serious fender benders and they have held their own. It's kind of amazing what kind of accident you might be able to just get out of and walk away from in our cars...

Here's something I did find on youtube --

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19bqWMI5Juw
Old 12-20-2007, 06:05 PM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

lol, those crazy kids
At first I thought I was going to regret reading this thread, but now i'm glad i did
Old 12-20-2007, 07:17 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rdot9

lol, those crazy kids
At first I thought I was going to regret reading this thread, but now i'm glad i did
i dig your sig. nice job.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:34 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

yeh i know kids who have rolled theirs over and they are fine. 5 Star all around FTW

Quick Reply: Did you all know we drive unsafe cars? (since we're sharing stories..)