Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

V6 True Duals

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 07:23 AM
xyster
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: V6 True Duals

LMAO Yeah hopefully by then i'll have enough for the same setup. If ya beat me to it, post up some pics and sound clips for us!
Old 12-22-2007, 09:48 AM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xyster

LMAO Yeah hopefully by then i'll have enough for the same setup. If ya beat me to it, post up some pics and sound clips for us!
Hopefully when tax return time comes I'llbe able toconvert toduals. I'm expecting to. But there's no way you're gonna get me to get a left MRT for duals. I'm leaning towards Pypes Street Pros or Magnaflows with an X. Then I'm probably going to add that Street Scene rear valence. I've seen a couple around here on V6s... they look pretty sweet.
Old 12-22-2007, 10:08 AM
Fallout
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: VictoriaRR

Hopefully when tax return time comes I'llbe able toconvert toduals. I'm expecting to. But there's no way you're gonna get me to get a left MRT for duals. I'm leaning towards Pypes Street Pros or Magnaflows with an X. Then I'm probably going to add that Street Scene rear valence. I've seen a couple around here on V6s... they look pretty sweet.

if you really are interested in the SS rear valance, i decided against mine but ninosport wont let me return it, id be willing to sell it for almost half what it costs brand new from online stores(ninosport has it for $195+shipping, i could do like 100+shipping which would be like $30-40 because of its size/weight most likly)it still has all the paper work,screws,3M tape that it orginally came with, never even been out of the box for more than a few min to check it out, only problem is when its at the shop getting painted they would have to heat it up and fix a 1-2" section(a slight bow in the shape),i showed it to my body shop when i was planning on using it still, they said it was a very easy fix and that sometimes happens to that type of material when sitting in a box for so long in the same position
Old 12-22-2007, 04:45 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

i second that, i already have one mrt and i love it, its about time i go for duals but i cant decided whether to get the gt/cs rear bumper i want or just make a whole in my stock one....btw do u think the dual exhausts connected to the H pipe would stop that occassional bang on my rear axle more? lol and where can i get an H pipe ? which are you going to get?
Old 12-23-2007, 12:54 AM
danbevsv6rumbler
3rd Gear Member

JBA has a h-pipe midpipe assembly... v6mustangstuff.com sells it for $349... i personally think I'm gonna go with this setup (I have some gt takeoffs sittin around waiting to be used...)
Old 12-23-2007, 02:35 AM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fallout

ORIGINAL: VictoriaRR

if you really are interested in the SS rear valance, i decided against mine but ninosport wont let me return it, id be willing to sell it for almost half what it costs brand new from online stores(ninosport has it for $195+shipping, i could do like 100+shipping which would be like $30-40 because of its size/weight most likly)it still has all the paper work,screws,3M tape that it orginally came with, never even been out of the box for more than a few min to check it out, only problem is when its at the shop getting painted they would have to heat it up and fix a 1-2" section(a slight bow in the shape),i showed it to my body shop when i was planning on using it still, they said it was a very easy fix and that sometimes happens to that type of material when sitting in a box for so long in the same position
Thanks, Fallout. I'll consider that. I can't get it just yet, but I am interested. Is it primed and ready for paint? I think it'd look pretty cool just like a matte black, though I've never seen one like that before. But in any case since I have colored rockers I think I'd paint it. Thanks for the information.
Old 12-23-2007, 03:07 AM
ybnormal
2nd Gear Member

hello all, Ive got a gt and I am running side exhaust so I wanted to give my neice the duals but not the bumper, I read how to cut the bumper to work but I have not seen the underside of her car yet. I am giving her the pipes from my x all the way back plus mufflers and brackets and bolts. if I cut the bumper ,hang the mufflers, and hang the two pipes over the wheels, I guess take it to a muffler shop? what else will I need an x or h pipe? where does your pipe or pipes come down?
Old 12-23-2007, 08:41 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

ORIGINAL: ybnormal

hello all, Ive got a gt and I am running side exhaust so I wanted to give my neice the duals but not the bumper, I read how to cut the bumper to work but I have not seen the underside of her car yet. I am giving her the pipes from my x all the way back plus mufflers and brackets and bolts. if I cut the bumper ,hang the mufflers, and hang the two pipes over the wheels, I guess take it to a muffler shop? what else will I need an x or h pipe? where does your pipe or pipes come down?
You can leave the stock passeger side mid-pipe in place. I have the GT x-pipe, which is cut into the y-pipe behind the cats. It mates up nicely with the stock passenger side pipe, and the GT mid-pipe (X to over rear axle to muffler) for the driver's side fits too. My duals are all Ford parts, btw.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:58 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ybnormal

When you go to make the cut out, use the link below. It's a template, make sure you print it out full size;

http://pysales.com/inst/SFM68-bumper-cutout02.pdf
Old 12-23-2007, 09:57 AM
wyldwmn65
2nd Gear Member

I currently have a single GT take off, got it for $30 off craigslist. You have heard my car, a bit more rumble than a stock V6. I will be going to dual Magnaflows with a "X". You will need to either cut your rear valance, get a new one, or depending where you have it installed, they maycut it for you as part of the job.

From the exhaust I have listened to, there is more of a tendancy to have a high pitch on a "H", and you get a deeper tone with the "X" and more performance.

At the end of the day, it's what you like. For the price range you are looking at you definately could get a decent set up. Check the usual sites, ebay, craigs list, etc. Also, Hardcore Mustangs down here in San Diego has a group buy going and you may be able to get a good deal.

Quick Reply: V6 True Duals