Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

why oh why

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 09:14 PM
kngdaka
4th Gear Member

Default why oh why

rant on...if you're bored, read on

I posted my new custom plates on another site, a golf site, on the back of my car. They read TGRWOODS. Anyway, one guy hates the plates completely, and thats fine, I dont care because I like them. However, after he makes a post about hating the plates, he then calls my car an "LPGA" car (ladies professional golfers association). Granted, this is meant to be an insult based on my Mustang not being an 8. So, I sent him a calm yet firm PM regarding how hard I worked for this thing and how he shouldn't be so quick to judge, and I also cited that most people who hate on my car drive Civics or toyota 4 bangers in real life.

So, my rant. I'm so sick of this garbage always being brought up, here, there, and everywhere EXCEPT for the most part in the real world. Nobody takes us seriously, and its a P.I.T.A. I ask a question, 9 times out of ten someone makes a remark about my car being a 6er. I post what I thought would be something golf guys would like to see somewhere else and someone pulls the card. So, taking that same school of thought

This is a "real" car

And this is not

However, bring this up in an arguement and everyone who has an 8 ignores it. I don't know whats wrong with me today, or why I care so much what other people think ONLINE

rant off, thanks for listening
Old 12-25-2007, 10:04 PM
The Potato
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: why oh why

psssh, what you talking about fool dis be where it be at.

Old 12-25-2007, 10:12 PM
kngdaka
4th Gear Member

haha, thanks for the laugh

Just having a rough night, needed to vent something
Old 12-25-2007, 10:26 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Cheer up its Christmas! I respect all V6 er's !!!!!!!!!!! Car is hot! and the debate will never die and the sooner you accept it the happier you will be ....I mean who cares what they think of your hard earned car? Now lets get to some tech threads and posts!!!!!!!!!! Everything will get better....I swear.....Later J [sm=icon_cheers.gif]
Old 12-25-2007, 10:37 PM
kngdaka
4th Gear Member

Thanks buddy! I got some mods today that I'm looking forward to getting on the car. I feel better now
Old 12-25-2007, 10:41 PM
danbevsv6rumbler
3rd Gear Member

I've learned to ignore anyone and everyone that talks smack on anything, including myself. it doesn't solve anything, and nothing is ever proven until YOU can actually experience (i think).

But there is one thing I know I always remember:

It isn't the size that matters, its how you use it.[8D]

FTW!!!
Old 12-25-2007, 11:18 PM
The Potato
3rd Gear Member

reminds me of this freshman at my school

"Hey, your car 'aint (I live in Texas, redneck ricers >_&lt ****, a Pagani Zonda can beat it."
Me: "Isnt that considered a supercar?"

The next day...

Him: "Hey fool Im getting my dad's truck when I turn 16 (he's 14 right now and claims to have his learner's permit) it's going to smoke your car because it has a v8"
Me: "right..."

The very next day...

Him (again): "Hey punk my dad it going to buy me a Dodge Viper truck with stick shift, and I'm going to turbo it."
Me: [>:]

And then there's this other freshman that claims "he has a Roush."

Some people...

Old 12-25-2007, 11:34 PM
Jsierzega
3rd Gear Member

somedays i wish i had an 8 but i usually realize that i'd take a little boost over two cylinders anyday
my dad always rags on my for having a 6(he has an 8)its all in good fun though
Old 12-26-2007, 09:53 AM
Fyrewalker
1st Gear Member

I have a 6, I have 5 kids, a smoking hot wife and I am living the dream. I could have bought an 8, for that matter I could have spent another 20k on a higher end sports car. I didn't because this car spoke to me....well, not literally, but when I saw it, I knew I would have it, or it would have me. My point is, the tiff between the V8 crowd and the V6 crowd is kinda like ***** envy. They may have more HP but do they use it as much as I use mine? When I slide into this car and go down the road shifting through the gears, the very furthest thing from my mind is how someone else may think I settled for a V6. I didn't, I press the pedal, I go fast...too fast, guess they'll complain about that too!
Old 12-26-2007, 11:42 AM
oh6vee6
2nd Gear Member

Bravo... Why do people think we all SETTLED for our V6's? I didn't settle either. I have a mortgage,my wifes car payment, a kid etc etc etc.. and I still get my Stang. Most of the people who hate on a V6 owner live at home with Mommy and Daddy and have NO concept of what it's like in the real world to survive and still have some fun in your life.
I wouldn't change the car I bought and would do it again tommorrow.It's way more car than I would have gotten at the price anywhere else anyway. Vive la V6!!!