Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I'm Back!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 11:43 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I'm Back!

You guys are right. Too many options there. Since I really want a stick car, I'll delete the first 2 choices. Thanks for some responses. Some funny responses, and some good responses. Like I said, I'm not deciding anything for a while and just wanted to see what you guys would do with these options. Thanks for the help and Good luck with your cars and health!
Old 01-04-2008, 12:45 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ForzaMotorsport 2......available at your local GameStop.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:19 PM
Epimetheus
2nd Gear Member

I don’t know how old you are but it seams like you desperately need to spend the cash that you have accumulated. I for one would suggest that you keep what you have and enjoy your car. If you have $6.5K in your bank and you are as young as I think you are I say hold on to the cash. Possibly use it for school or if you’re not into higher education use it as a down payment on a house. I know plenty of people my age due to bad investments that are living paycheck to paycheck. I’ve been in finance for over 7 years and I see a lot of credit reports with a lot of problems.

Save your money and investment it wisely into something that will better your life. A car will make you happy but eventually all you will be left with is the memories of the car.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:40 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Epimetheus

I don’t know how old you are but it seams like you desperately need to spend the cash that you have accumulated. I for one would suggest that you keep what you have and enjoy your car. If you have $6.5K in your bank and you are as young as I think you are I say hold on to the cash. Possibly use it for school or if you’re not into higher education use it as a down payment on a house. I know plenty of people my age due to bad investments that are living paycheck to paycheck. I’ve been in finance for over 7 years and I see a lot of credit reports with a lot of problems.

Save your money and investment it wisely into something that will better your life. A car will make you happy but eventually all you will be left with is the memories of the car.
SteelStang05, listen to this guy! He is right, you should be happy with what you have and invest the $$ for things in the future that will be more important to you.
Before my husband and I got married, he saved $25K in CDs, which we used for a down payment on our first home.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:31 PM
raylandm
2nd Gear Member

heheehhee funny shiet......
Old 01-04-2008, 09:50 PM
Alloyed
2nd Gear Member

Well, I haven't been on this forum for a long while so I'm not sure what "post-whoring" you've done so I won't give you any crap for that.

Anyway, if you really want a GT with a stick, then get it. I only say that because I'm looking for one at a good price to do the same thing with. LOL But that's a long way off and I heard about some Twin Turbo V6 in the next gen of Mustangs so I might wait for that.

I would also get the GT because I'm a pretty big Muscle car fanatic (The V6 is freaking beastly but I've always loved the V8 and always will) so that pushes me towards the V8. You're doing the right thing by trying to get some opinions but you have to live with it and drive it everyday so make sure you're happy. Now, if you just always want MORE power ALL the time...then...you better go into Law or Medicine to support your habbits! LOL

Also, with a turbo V6 you'll be able to beat GTs (Just going by what I've read, V8 guys, I've never tried it) and throw down a lot of power.

Think it over. Talk to your parents, test drive a GT, ya'know do all the usual things to help make your decision.

-Alloyed
Old 01-04-2008, 11:51 PM
CroDalmatinac
4th Gear Member

What would you do if your internet connection went down for a month? Would you starve to death because you would have to ask for peoples opinions on what food to eat?
Old 01-05-2008, 10:57 AM
Epimetheus
2nd Gear Member

Thanks 07 Stang; I just see so many young people today trying to live like their parents. They see the cars, homes and all the other nice stuff their parents have and never think that their parents have worked their whole lives to get that stuff.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:00 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CroDalmatinac

What would you do if your internet connection went down for a month? Would you starve to death because you would have to ask for peoples opinions on what food to eat?
LOL! Just to let everyone know, I really want the GT w/the stick option but insurance prices could kill off that choice (How cheap do you think someone will insure a 19yr old w/an almost new GT?). If that happens and I can't get the GT, I am going for the V6 w/a stick(convertible would be cool but it will be hard to find one w/a stick), transferring some of my parts on this car to it(shorty headers, Aluminum Driveshaft, rear control arms, probably gears and t-lok). If anyone in the Long Island area would want an Airraid CAI, or SCT Tuner(I need to throw the canned tunes back on first though or performance stock tunes) they could have them from me forcheap($50/each orlessinstead of their selling price of $240+ and $325+) around april. And then I would decide on an x-charger or turbotoput on the car within the next year.Just updating you guys that want to know. Good Luck with your cars, and try to stay happy and healthy!
Old 01-05-2008, 05:13 PM
mpatilla
2nd Gear Member

What is post whoring? I just want to make sure I don't do it!!!

Quick Reply: I'm Back!