Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I'm Back!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 11:54 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Default I'm Back!

You all know I said I was trading in the stang for a 300 in may. I test drove it and was thinking to myself "This car is just so boring and has no power at all, I can't get rid of the stang! I need power, a sports car feel, and a bad *** ride!"

I am going to do something for my birthday though in May having to do with my car. I'm not making anydecisions yet tillmiddle of April orearly May b/c you all know how much I change my mind. So here is what Ihave thoughtup so far. My car will have about 38k miles on it by May and it's an auto w/all the mods in my sig. I will also have about $6.5k in my bank account by then and my parentssaid they'llgive me $500 cashon my birthday.The option's I will have to do that I thought up are as follows:
3.Sell my carand geta GT with a stick(I want a manual for more fun on the streets) ~20-30k miles on car
4.Sell my carand geta V6 convertible with a stick(if I can find one)do duals, shorty header, and an aluminum ds. wait 1/2 a year and then supercharge or turbocharge my stang 20k-40k miles
5.Sellmy car and get a coupe V6 with a stick andabout the same miles on my car do duals, shorty's, and an aluminum ds. wait 1/2 year and then supercharge or turbocharge it

With the GT I option I will do mufflers, shorty headers,cai and tune, in 1/2 a year. Probably no charging there.
I am not racing the car, and just want a more fun car with at least a little more power. And if anyone can explain or tell me how much more fun a manual is than an auto and it's advantages(mpg, etc), it would be greatly appreciated.Thanks for the help ahead of time!

PS-I'm sorry to all the people I have pissed off in the past. I am sorry for arguing like a child and being a post *****. I will stopthis from now on in my time with these forums. Thank all you guys foryour help in the past and good luck with your car and your future!
Old 01-04-2008, 01:07 AM
LX200
4th Gear Member

Default RE: I'm Back!

These options are not even remotely comparable. How do I know if you want a convertible or not. And you can't buy an intercooled XCharger at this time. Give us something a little more focused to vote on. Geez... GT coupe or V6 vert ?? Come on....
Old 01-04-2008, 01:36 AM
Jsierzega
3rd Gear Member

do you have tourrets?
Old 01-04-2008, 01:46 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jsierzega

do you have tourrets?
more like S.E.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:33 AM
Rhino77
2nd Gear Member

I think the only way for you to deal with this is to draw straws.

For one, good to know that you won't be post whoring anymore. Two, you seem to always want differing opinions on how to achieve the most possible HP from your ride...Problem is people always have differing opinions, so you will continually be tossed to and fro in the ocean of decision. Just make a decision and live with it.

Turbocharge or X-Charge? Who cares, just take one or the other, preferably a turbo if you're up for spending that much money, or an X-Charger for a little less. Either way you'll be happy with all the extra HP.
OR, are you the kind of guy who'll purchase the X, run it at the track and then think "OH NOES I COULD HAVE BOUGHT TEH TURBO AND SHAVED MY TIME BY 6/10'S OF A SECOND!!!"

Guy just make a decision on F/I on your six and be done with it.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:51 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Still undecided I see....well I humored the poll and voted for ....the GT- for obvious reasons....(I have one)...LOL -anyway let us know in May what you decide.....
Old 01-04-2008, 06:00 AM
xyster
2nd Gear Member

GT w/ stick = fun
Old 01-04-2008, 07:53 AM
Praline
1st Gear Member

You forgot the "I'm so full of crap, my eyes are brown" responce. We all know you'll still be driving the same Mustang you have now with no changes 2 years from now.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:06 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

SteelStang05, sell your V6 and buy you a good used GT with manual transmission. While I love my V6, it's obvious you are starving for more power.
If you shop around, you can purchase alow mileage usedGT for $19-25K or even less.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:47 AM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

Option 3 is what I AM going to do. As soon as I catch up with school payments and work full time this summer...Option 3 will be very close for me then as my car is still worth something to help me do a swap.

Quick Reply: I'm Back!