Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

nitrous ?

Old 01-06-2008, 01:15 AM
besam
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: nitrous ?

no im not going to install it myself, im terrible with wiring and electronics, but my cousin knows this great place called SI motorsports and they're charging me 450 for everything, i also was quoted somewhere else for 550, im dropping it off monday and getting it back tuesday
great looking stang btw, im going to work on looks after performance
Old 01-06-2008, 09:02 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: besam

well i just bought a whole zex set up and im going to run a 100hp shot, so heres what i got: the zex nitrous kit, racers kit, spark plugs, remote bottle opener, and im gonna get a nitrous pressure gauge and an A/F gauge after a little while and if you want to run the 75hp shot youre gonna need to buy the proper jet for a V6
Zex kit comes with the proper jets for 75HP shot...
Old 01-06-2008, 09:04 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: merdix9

hey besam, do you plan on installing the system yourself? if not have you gotten any quotes on the install yet?
The Zex kit is a very straight forward install... the key is to lay everything out to figure where everything goes before you start... take your time and you can do it on a Saturday, LOL...

Old 01-06-2008, 08:11 PM
Supercruzin
2nd Gear Member

How many of you are running the stock drive shaft and nitrous? I have concerns with the drive shaft not holding up since they are rated to 115 MPH.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:21 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Supercruzin

How many of you are running the stock drive shaft and nitrous? I have concerns with the drive shaft not holding up since they are rated to 115 MPH.
nitrous does not mean that you will be going at a higher speed necessarily. if you are concerned, get an aluminum divershaft. however, if you do not plan to pass the limiter, you will not have a problem
Old 01-07-2008, 05:57 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chrisc

nitrous does not mean that you will be going at a higher speed necessarily. if you are concerned, get an aluminum divershaft. however, if you do not plan to pass the limiter, you will not have a problem
actually.... there are other problems that can creep up besides all out catastrophic failure... my stock DS would vibrate so bad that after a few trips down the track my rear pinion seal would start leaking! And i only trapped in the 105 to 107 MPH range... well below the 115 limiter... Shaftmasters solved the problem..> LOL
Old 01-07-2008, 10:11 AM
Puerto Rico 4.6
3rd Gear Member

No problems here with the stock driveshaft. The install is very straightfoward......550 ??!!!!?? damn....maybe Iam not used to prices in US but my mechanic charged me 75 bucks for the install ....did it in a couple of hours.....with me bothering him jeje.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:52 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

scrming<< was that from the nitrous specifically?
Old 01-07-2008, 11:17 PM
Supercruzin
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

ORIGINAL: chrisc

actually.... there are other problems that can creep up besides all out catastrophic failure... my stock DS would vibrate so bad that after a few trips down the track my rear pinion seal would start leaking! And i only trapped in the 105 to 107 MPH range... well below the 115 limiter... Shaftmasters solved the problem..> LOL
I figured there would be issues with the stock drive shaft to some degree. I don't think i'll add the Zex kit until I upgrade the drive shaft just to air on the side of caution. It just seemedlogical the drive shaft could/would cause issues with repeated torque in excess of its design.

Has any one installed the steel replacement shaft yet? It's cheaper than the alum. ones and still weighs much less than the factory shaft.

Besam, didn't mean to hijack your thread but thought it would be a good time to ask about the shaft since so many users that are gassed are posting on the topic.