Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

How much shoud I sell da Mamba!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 01:00 PM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

Default How much shoud I sell da Mamba!!!

I am thinking of selling my car cause I don't know if I can afford all the stuff that I have done to it. How much should I sell this beauty for?

Mods:
JBA H Dual exhaust
JBA Shorty Headers
JBA wires
Loki Throtle Body 70mm
Vortech H/O Supercharger 10psi
Plasma Booster
Professionally tuned
SCT Tuner
Tlok
20's American Racing
Roush Facia
Roush Chin Spoiler
Costum Brake Ducts
Halo Headlights
HIDs
Lambo Doors LSD
Saleen Sideskirts
Xenon Side Scoops
CS6 Shelby Hood
Shelby Grille
Progress Springs
Drilled/Slotted Rotors
3D carbon Wing
3D carbon window louvers
Street Scene Rear Bumper
Boost/Oil/A/F ration Gauges
Gauge Pod

I think that is about it probably not tho. I still have 20K to pay on it and have invested over 20K into it. So how much should I sell it for and how much do you think I could get out of it?
Old 01-10-2008, 01:12 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: How much shoud I sell da Mamba!!!

sadly not much. Especlly since you still owe more than what most people paid new for thiers (I paid $19,000).. And the mods are not going to help.. especially the vortec.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:13 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

wow.....sorry bout your situation. i'm not shocked since i remember the debt you're in from previous posts but still a bit surprised. just off the top of my head, i'd say 25k.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:14 PM
Charlie321
2nd Gear Member

Dude, that's a beautiful car, but I hope all the mods are paid for, otherwise, you're going to end up upside down on the deal.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:15 PM
Charlie321
2nd Gear Member

I'd say closer to 30, given all the mods, which is still going to put you about 10k in the hole.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:17 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

The best solution is to find someone who is wanting a modified stang and trying to work a deal with them. Just trying to sell it outright as a "mustang with mods" to some random person won't work for you.

To be honest, you are hurting yourself by selling it. Unless you have some equity in your car, most people won't spring for that much.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:25 PM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

Yeah I don't know what I wanna do yet. It's just it is a lot of work, money, and time to maintain. I was thinking about getting a 05 GTO, but I also like my car cause it's sexy and just as fast. And I have put a lot of time and money into it. What do you guys think, I could probably just trade it in and get a GTO, but I would loose a lot of money that way, or I could just sell it. I am stuck. And yeah no matter what I am going to be upside down on my loans for the car.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:28 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Personally I think you should keep mamba. It's one hot looking car, and the work is already done. It may be alot of work, but you get what you pay for right? You wouldn't have done it, if you didn't want it.

Just my opinion but I say stick with it if it is possible.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:36 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

What do you mean by "work, money, and time to maintain"? Isn't it pretty much finished?

ORIGINAL: Black Mamba GTT

Yeah I don't know what I wanna do yet. It's just it is a lot of work, money, and time to maintain. I was thinking about getting a 05 GTO, but I also like my car cause it's sexy and just as fast. And I have put a lot of time and money into it. What do you guys think, I could probably just trade it in and get a GTO, but I would loose a lot of money that way, or I could just sell it. I am stuck. And yeah no matter what I am going to be upside down on my loans for the car.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

yeah, what exactly raised your mod debt to 20k? if you want to sell your mods seperately, i'll take the headers[8D]

also, selling your car wont help your debt. you'll most likely put gobs of money into that one as well. something to think about.

Quick Reply: How much shoud I sell da Mamba!!!