Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

crunched

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 07:03 PM
Black Pony 4.0

Default crunched

This afternoon....headed back to work.
I'm sitting in the left turn lane waiting for the light to change. Suddenly my windshield is filled with F-250. He had run the redlight at the intersection and hit another car hard enough to break his passenger side front spindle. I'm guessing he had no steering at this point. Anyway, he comes though the intersection, jumps the median and smashes my car at about a 45 degree angle.

The front bumper, hood and driver side front fender are toast.(not to mention the PP grille) I'm trying to remember that it could have been much worse and I could've been seriously injured.....still, that doesn't take my mind off the car. All three wrecker drivers made a point to tell me what a shame it was. One of them even explained how my car wouldn't be worth much since it'll be in the national database as a wrecked vehicle. Nice guy, huh?

Hopefully I'll have an estimate late tomorrow and my car repaired in a couple of weeks. In the meantime I'm driving a white four door rental Focus.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:17 PM
jakecat22
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: crunched

that's terrible. At least you weren't hurt. Did they at least give you a "modded" focus? LOL
Old 01-14-2008, 07:35 PM
Black Pony 4.0

Nah....it's 'bare bones'. At least it'll get me to work until my car is repaired.

The more I think about the accident the more disgustedI become. I mean, I wasn't even moving at the time. The one bright spot? Someone had keyed a small area of the hood after I'd had it for a month. At least I'll get that fixed.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:38 PM
Favre4TD
2nd Gear Member

people who would key a car need to be kick very hard in the groin
Old 01-14-2008, 07:48 PM
speedstang06
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Favre4TD

people who would key a car need to be kick very hard in the groin
+1. I'd happily volunteer to be the one to kick them too. (mines been keyed in the past too[:@])
Sorry to hear about your ride though, it has to be a sick feeling seeing it comming right at you and not being able to do anything. Hopefully it will all work out for ya though.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:08 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Tell his insurance company you want compensated for "depreciated value". They have to give you more money for the depreciation your car suffers. I work for an insurance company (granted I am in IT, and know nothing about insurance) however, when I got into an accident the people I work with told me to do that and it worked.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:20 PM
Black Pony 4.0

Thanks for the information. I'll certainly bring it up when I speak to the adjuster.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:44 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

I'm sorry to hear your unfortunate event, but at least you are OK.
Have you thought about upgrades? I would get the GT500 front end as well as an upgraded hood at their expense of course.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:45 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Sorry to hear about that partner.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:19 PM
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

Man that really does have to suck, Hey aleast you can give the Focus heck for a week so go out and see what the baby has. I feel for you do you have any pics of the damage.

Quick Reply: crunched