Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Compliment from a GT

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 12:31 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Compliment from a GT

I think real Mustang (or any car) enthusiasts are the ones that appreciate GTs and V6 Mustangs all the same. Guys I've met with GTs, ZO6 Corvettes, old muscle cars too, they've complimented me on my car quite often. Actually, they were usually of older age...say 30+. Younger folks with Mustangs now are pretty biased and competitive. You'll pass a GT driver on the road and if he's older, he'll smile, rev hello or give you a thumbs up/wave. You pass a GT driver who is a youngin', and they stick their nose up, give you a dirty look, or try to race you to prove they are better. We all know stock for stock, the GTs are better. And most of us want one at a time or two. Many of us settle because V6 is financially the best you can get for your hard earned dollar. Nonetheless, Mustang is a Mustang. If you love it, GT or V6, who cares what anyone else says or thinks. And if someone compliments it or appreciates it, be much abliged. I compliment GT drivers all the time on their sexy cars...and they return the favor
Old 01-17-2008, 12:33 PM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

i have a couple buddies down here with gt's. all of them respect my car. even one that hangs out with me and my buddies fridays/saturdays loves my car. we had an Ls CRX pull into the parking lot that we were at and i pulled in after and because of the headlights/ duals he asked if it was a gt, my buddie said no its a v6. the kid said "ohhh" and he went on and said yeah but it would hand you your *** hahah. it felt pretty good to actually have a v8 guy stand up for your car rather then yourself do it. most of the GT drivers ive met have never ragged on my car.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:26 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Whatever, all you V6's suck, I would not be caught dead in one of those lesser stangs.

Sorry, it just didn't feel right to have a V6/GT thread without hearing something like that, now I feel better
Old 01-17-2008, 01:31 PM
noober
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ODDYSEY

Whatever, all you V6's suck, I would not be caught dead in one of those lesser stangs.

Sorry, it just didn't feel right to have a V6/GT thread without hearing something like that, now I feel better
Lmfao! I thought us little V6ers were safe in our own territory! Guess not. Now we have to find a new hiding spot from the big bad GTs.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:32 PM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

Ha ha [sm=funnypostabove.gif][sm=badidea.gif]
Old 01-17-2008, 02:02 PM
mpatilla
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07 Stang

The proof of people not knowing the difference is how many times have you been asked if it's a GT? I personally have lost count!

+1

Old 01-17-2008, 02:09 PM
mpatilla
2nd Gear Member

And you know what? When I see a '65 or '66 V6, I think it is super cool.

Old 01-17-2008, 02:29 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

I dont hate on v6s i just really never if ever see guys driving them. Here i chicago whenever i see a v6 its always a girl driving it. Where as a GT a guy is always driving it.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:30 PM
mdg
4th Gear Member

I compliment any Mustang I see,V-6 or GT. Although, some people refuse to acknowledge. To hell with them.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:50 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

What you're saying totally makes sense...because that's almost always the case. Most girls drive V6s because they don't care about the power or don't need it or they are scarred to use it. Just saying, that's the usual case. Now, here is CA, I see a lot of older men driving V6s and younger girls driving V6s. Then I see older women driving GTs and younger guys driving GTs. It's weird compared to everywhere else it seems lol! But I have a V6 because I had to budget myself. Plus, the car...exterior wise...is the same so I was getting the looks for a cheaper price. It does good for me now...but in a few years, a GT will be parked next to it. Because I think both are excellent impressive cars and motors!

Quick Reply: Compliment from a GT