Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Compliment from a GT

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 02:53 PM
landon.moss
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Compliment from a GT

if i could have found a gt for sale around here that wasn't over-priced i would have got it for sure...the difference in my insurance would have only been $10 a month....plus i usually only get 20 mpg anyway, so might as well have splurged a lil....and actually i was impressed with the v6.....i figured it'd be a pooch, but not too bad

[/align]
Old 01-17-2008, 02:57 PM
SOHCman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05MustangSally
Actually, they were usually of older age...say 30+.
Ahem... so us 40+ must be "old-timers"?

At least I'm not "ancient" yet...

SOHC

PS: I've found most negative comments "brand" specific, Chevy vs Ford, etc.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:58 PM
Mustang_guy17
2nd Gear Member

I see more girls driving GT's than anything here. For some reason. Makes me mad. lol
Old 01-17-2008, 03:03 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

I've owned "lesser" cars and it sucks. That is why we bought a GT. I still feel inadequate when sitting next to a Saleen or a Shelby or a 500. Any Mustang gets my attention going down the road, then we all look to see what KIND of Mustang it is. You see, not all Mustangs were created equal. So to say a Mustang is a Mustang isn't entirely true. If a 6 banger is all you can afford, or want to afford, then good for you. Just know that GT owners made their decision based on many factors.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:12 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

I've owned "lesser" cars and it sucks. That is why we bought a GT. I still feel inadequate when sitting next to a Saleen or a Shelby or a 500. Any Mustang gets my attention going down the road, then we all look to see what KIND of Mustang it is. You see, not all Mustangs were created equal. So to say a Mustang is a Mustang isn't entirely true. If a 6 banger is all you can afford, or want to afford, then good for you. Just know that GT owners made their decision based on many factors.
Insecurity?
Old 01-17-2008, 03:13 PM
powerband
2nd Gear Member

It's not too hard to understand that the Pony and the GT are different cars.
In my mind, until we acknowledge this and discontinue our cry that a Mustang is a Mustang, we will always be "ragged on" by GT owners.
I am proud that my Mustang has a V6, which is plenty of power for my purpose.
I like the visual simplicity of a stock V6.
I like that it is less expensive to insure.
I like that the engine is durable.
I like that it carries the Pony emblem that represents over 40 years of the classic American Icon.
I like that the price is a bargain for such an Icon.

And I don't try to pretend that it is a powerful car, or a race car, or a drag car, or a GT.
It is a V6 Mustang with a trouble-free, tried-and-true American V6, built for the common American citizen.

Old 01-17-2008, 03:23 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

ORIGINAL: powerband
In my mind, until we acknowledge this and discontinue our cry that a Mustang is a Mustang, we will always be "ragged on" by GT owners.
I like that it carries the Pony emblem that represents over 40 years of the classic American Icon.

And I don't try to pretend that it is a powerful car, or a race car, or a drag car, or a GT.
It is a V6 Mustang with a trouble-free, tried-and-true American V6, built for the common American citizen.
Ahh, I agree & disagree. I love the body style of the S197, but I dislike the V6 trim. I think GT trim has a much more aggresive/muscular feel. I do like the V6 is a great durable engine, and I love the pony emblems over the GT emblems.

However, it is not pretending that the V6 is a powerful car, because it IS a powerful car. Rated as one of the fastest V6 under 20k, and has tons of power. Keep in mind the 4.0 V6 is faster than some previous GT version Mustangs.

The V6 has good gas mileage, and great performance, and I got the body style I wanted. With a few mods I get the car I wanted, I do need a GT, the ONLY reason I would buy a GT is for the sound, and that's just not worth the $$$ in my opinion. If I were to spend the money I would go straight to a Shelby or GT500, and that just wouldn't be worth it as a DD.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:29 PM
wmtheflash
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: powerband

I thought the V6 engines were made in Cologne, Germany?
Old 01-17-2008, 03:34 PM
Fallout
3rd Gear Member

was that previous poster seriously trying to say that a mustang is NOT a mustang?

"until we acknowledge this and discontinue our cry that a Mustang is a Mustang, we will always be "ragged on" by GT owners."

i dont know about you, but the title/insurance policy to my car says 2008 Ford Mustang
Old 01-17-2008, 03:38 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MrSandman

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

Insecurity?

Probably. It all started the 1st time I watched "Deep Throat".

Quick Reply: Compliment from a GT