Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Cold Air Intake Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 10:50 AM
Cabbage
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Cold Air Intake Questions

ORIGINAL: mike07mustang

I bought one that was not as expensive as the K&N. I like the aluminum tube. It lets the air flow smoother and does not drag against the plastic or rubber. I dont think it gets any hotter.

If you are looking to get a tuner to go with any intake, I would get a Diablo tuner. They are very nice. I have a friend that had his 2004 tuned with one and it increased the horse and torque.

[IMG]local://upfiles/86603/BCAAFD421219428DA63D97645A11F903.jpg[/IMG]
What CAI did you buy and where?

Thanks to everyone for the help.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:17 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Cabbage

ORIGINAL: mike07mustang

I bought one that was not as expensive as the K&N. I like the aluminum tube. It lets the air flow smoother and does not drag against the plastic or rubber. I dont think it gets any hotter.

If you are looking to get a tuner to go with any intake, I would get a Diablo tuner. They are very nice. I have a friend that had his 2004 tuned with one and it increased the horse and torque.

[IMG]local://upfiles/86603/BCAAFD421219428DA63D97645A11F903.jpg[/IMG]
What CAI did you buy and where?

Thanks to everyone for the help.
his looks like an AEM Brute Force knock-off. I still have my original AEM intake that i'm trying to sell. before i replaced the AEM with my c&l, i replaced the dry flow filter that came with the kit with a S&B powerstack filter. although the dryflow was a definite improvement over stock, the s&b produced even better throttle response. his knock-off kit looks like it has a cotton/oil filter like the s&b so i'm sure he's getting the most out of what the kit can offer. not sure about the color of it but whatever works.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:39 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

I would recommend C&L CAI because it's what I heard the best things about so I got one. I couldn't be happier! Also, I got a Sniper Tuner instead of what everyone else had. It allows you to do a whole lot! $600 for both after tax and shipping from RPM Outlet
Old 01-17-2008, 12:39 PM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

ive posted this a bunch of times but this is what doug at bamachips told me when i asked him about which was better? the CandL or the demolet and he said that the one problem with the CandL is that " yes it does have a larger Maf but because of that wierd shaped bend in the throttle body tube the air that its sucking it looses alot of velocity. the demolet is the same size from the MAF all the way to the trottle body. the CandL may suck in a greater volume of air but the Demolet gets the air in Faster. just somethin to think about. Oh and if u go with a demolet( pretty cheap) go with one of dougs tunes for it. Race tune would be the best.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:13 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dwisforme05

ive posted this a bunch of times but this is what doug at bamachips told me when i asked him about which was better? the CandL or the demolet and he said that the one problem with the CandL is that " yes it does have a larger Maf but because of that wierd shaped bend in the throttle body tube the air that its sucking it looses alot of velocity. the demolet is the same size from the MAF all the way to the trottle body. the CandL may suck in a greater volume of air but the Demolet gets the air in Faster. just somethin to think about. Oh and if u go with a demolet( pretty cheap) go with one of dougs tunes for it. Race tune would be the best.
yeah, i was about to purchase a NEW demolet until i found a USED C&L for the same price ($200). I also emailed doug and asked him his opinion on which to go with and he stated that although the demolet produces the best gains (maybe only 1hp better than the C&L) that the quality of the C&L is unmatched. i decided on the C&L based on looks, performance & quality (except for the heat shroud). I'm sure the demolet is an awesome choice as well and the look is very cool since you can choose a custom color if you choose to do so. if cost is an issue and you're stuck between both, you might as well go for the demolet unless you find a C&L for the same price like i did then you would have to think it over again. its a great product at a good price. hard to beat.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:15 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

hey Dwis, what numbers does your current setup put down on the dyno?
Old 01-17-2008, 08:34 PM
Cabbage
1st Gear Member

Okay so I have decided to get the C&L through Bama or Brenspeed. I'm liking Brenspeed's price better, but it is the Xcal2 not the three (is there a big differance?) also on brenspeed it doesn't specify what tunes the combo come with. For example on bama you specify Tune Requested = Perf/Torq/Race for 87,89,91,93 and you can choose 3 of these. Where do you do this when ordering off of Brenspeed all they have is some paypal site that doesn't have these options does Brenspeed provide this or is it just a stock 87 tune for the intake.

Thanks for all the help guys like I said before this is my first performance mod ever.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:09 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

You all realize that the Shelby 350 uses the stock tube as well as Ford racing.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:31 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

You all realize that the Shelby 350 uses the stock tube as well as Ford racing.
sure, but some of us are also considering looks. i love the big muscle look of the c&l. if you can have great peformance along with a killer look, why not?
Old 01-17-2008, 10:55 PM
Cabbage
1st Gear Member

Any one know the answer to my Brenspeed tuning question?

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Cold Air Intake Questions