Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Anyone Leasing?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 09:53 PM
ray_man87

Default Anyone Leasing?

Anyone leasing their 6ers?
And if so, is their a big problem if you do put modifications (ex. Exhaust) on the car while its on a lease?
Also, i plan on buying it after the lease is over, but will there be a big problem if i dont buy and it is modded?

Im a newb.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:00 PM
Full Throttle
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone Leasing?

leasing sucks! [:'(]
Old 01-25-2008, 10:05 PM
monty21

ya leasing does suck lol..i dont lease...but i do know a couple of thigns that u cant and can do to ur car if u are on lease...as far as i kno u can't do anythign to your car thats irreversible...i mean u can change the sound system and stuff but you have to keep the original system just in case u do decide to not buy it out in the end so u can just take out the after market sound system and put back the stock...for exhaust as long as its a single exhaust it should be okay and as logn as u keep ur sotck exhaust so u can replace it back to the regular one..because if ur gonan go duals u cant cut out the bumper and its jsut a hassle getting a Gt bumper and havign to put ur old one back again when ur lease is up....so basically you can do anythign to it as long as u keep the stock parts and when ur done the lease u can put it back to the regular stock car
Old 01-25-2008, 10:07 PM
Favre4TD
2nd Gear Member

Welcome.

I'm a sales manager for a dealership and leased my mustang from a store owned by my owner.
As long as what you do is reasonable your ok. Meaning little tweaks no one cares. A full body mod and twin turbos and a daily bag driving trip to the track may get you in trouble. That being said , all you have to do is buy it out at the end and nobody cares,,,,, at all. If you buy it out at the end the car can be on fire in the middle of a walmart parking lot and they dont care.

I leased mine for 36 months and have done little things like a new muffler, cai, tune, painted the brake callipers, added a blackout thingy on the back .

If I chose I can give it back , but all i put into it will be a donation.

My plan is if the 2010 is hot,, Ill get a new one, if it sucks, Ill keep Shayne.

Hope that helps
Old 01-25-2008, 10:23 PM
mpatilla
2nd Gear Member

Leasingis a stupid financial decision, even if you are only going to keep the car for three years.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:29 PM
Favre4TD
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mpatilla

Leasingis a stupid financial decision, even if you are only going to keep the car for three years.
not anymore its not.

Automakers WANT you to buy the car out. Most residuals are set so the payments are nice but the end value of the car in real dollars is less that the lease end value. So if yo ujust give it back after 3 years the manufacturer takes a hit.

For example take a Dodge Caravan , that unit has about a 55% residual after 48 months ona lease. In real life that thing aint worth 55% after 2 years. So if you just give it back , you have paid less than if you owned it and traded it in or sold it.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:03 AM
MN Moose
1st Gear Member

I got a 3 year lease originally on my car that would have been up in July 08. I added a CAI and tune, painted the calipers, and took off the muffler and ghetto rigged a straight pipe up and the dealership said nothing to me. I ended up buying the car before the lease was up so no big deal. Although one week exactly after i bought the car, i smashed a deer going 70 on the highway... oh well new hood and bumper for me.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:13 PM
zid3
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MN Moose

I got a 3 year lease originally on my car that would have been up in July 08. I added a CAI and tune, painted the calipers, and took off the muffler and ghetto rigged a straight pipe up and the dealership said nothing to me. I ended up buying the car before the lease was up so no big deal. Although one week exactly after i bought the car, i smashed a deer going 70 on the highway... oh well new hood and bumper for me.
did the same thing
Old 01-28-2008, 12:56 PM
mhconley
2nd Gear Member

I'm leasing my '08 V6 Premium vert - payingunder$300per month for 36 monthsafter a $3,000 drive off. If I want it at the end of the lease I can buy it for the residual, if I don't, I just hand Ford the keys. I decided to lease because I don't plan to keep the car but will upgrade to a GT500 or something else in three years. Leasing makes perfect financial sense if you want a new car every three years and don't want the paymentsof a 36 month loan.

As for mods - everything I'm doing is 100% reversible.

Martin
Old 01-28-2008, 02:10 PM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

If this is true then why don't you just lease the GT500 now. It is stupid too lease it's like using Rent-a-center. Just save your money until you can buy the car that you want. If you want a car to drive buy a cheap one, that's all there is too it. IMO DON"T EVER LEASE!!![:'(]

Quick Reply: Anyone Leasing?