Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Anyone got one of these?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 11:39 AM
Fred Malibu
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone got one of these?

Garmin Nuvi 350 is the one I got..

It was 1/2 the price of the one you posted in the link and works great..

I guess I was just looking for a GPS that told me where I needed to go and not a buncha crazy other stuff that I would never use..lol

I dunno what makes the one in the link over 700 vs the little over 300 on I got..
but to each their own..

Old 01-27-2008, 02:38 PM
dljpdx
1st Gear Member

I had a Garmin in my last car but haven't yet added it to my Mustang.
When window-shopping, I like www.crutchfield.com; you can plug in your year/make/model of car and it'll tell you what fits (ie: if you're going to upgrade your factory head unit or whatnot). Good variety, good support, occasional sale prices, but you can sometimes find the same product elsewhere for a better price. Otherwise it's a decent site to see what's out there and what will fit, across brands and features...
Old 01-27-2008, 06:29 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

I bought a Garmin Nuvi 250W and won't travel without it. Like the poster above, I didn't need all the extra stuff, just needed to know how to get fromstate to state without getting lost. I purchased it from Costco Online.....very good deal!
Old 01-27-2008, 06:32 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dljpdx

I had a Garmin in my last car but haven't yet added it to my Mustang.
When window-shopping, I like www.crutchfield.com; you can plug in your year/make/model of car and it'll tell you what fits (ie: if you're going to upgrade your factory head unit or whatnot). Good variety, good support, occasional sale prices, but you can sometimes find the same product elsewhere for a better price. Otherwise it's a decent site to see what's out there and what will fit, across brands and features...
djpdx, did you have the door molding put on your car or did you buy it already there? You know you can take it off without damaging the paint......it would look soooooo much better too!
Many rental cars have them on.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:04 PM
oshkoshbajawsh
I ♥ Acer

i have a nuvi 200 i put between the 2 center air vents but i usually only have it up when i go on trips.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:06 PM
Devil Wolf
3rd Gear Member

i have a nextar, its thin, lightweight, works great, and fits perfectly between the two air vents.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:11 PM
Be Rad 13
1st Gear Member

I have this exact same GPS system...I bought it on Ebay about a month ago for around $550, so you can definitely get it for less than $700. I mount mine on the window hovering just above the dash, and I think it looks good hanging there.

I'm also really happy with the purchase. The user interface is pretty easy to use, and the GPS itself work great. I bought the more expensive Garmin unit as it had the Bluetooth and MP3 functionality that I wanted. I haven't had a chance to play around with them too much, but given that my phone is bluetooth compatible and I have a ton of MP3's, I thought it would be nice to have. I will say, though, that if you want the bluetooth, go to Garmins' website and just verify that your phone is compatibile, as just because you're phone is bluetooth compatible doesn't mean that i's compatible with the Garmin device.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:57 PM
tmsmith
3rd Gear Member

Thank you for all the advice.

I found it here for 500 bucks.

http://www.comparemaster.com/product...w=010-00657-10

Pretty good deal for what all is on it.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:25 AM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

I got a Nuvi a few years ago, I think it's the 350. I love it for it's portability because I travel quite a bit and when in another city or state it's great. But I don't think you should have to pay 700 bucks for a Nuvi, look around for a better price. And +1 on the DVD in the dash being useless; what does anyone need a DVD in the front seat for, I thought those were for keeping the kids quiet in the back seat.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:11 PM
tmsmith
3rd Gear Member

Well I started this a long time ago, but I wanted to ask.

I am a neat freak when it comes to wiring wires, meaning I like for them to be nice and hidden. Anyone find a convenient place for them, and how did you do your wiring?