Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Anyone got one of these?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 09:33 PM
Yellow Tang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone got one of these?

Does Ford make one?

Old 02-13-2008, 09:36 PM
tmsmith
3rd Gear Member

I highly doubt Ford makes one. If the do have one available, its another brand. I was just asking about the one in my very first post.

Like I said, its a sorta old topic. But, Im sort of was looking into buying one really soon.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:48 PM
dljpdx
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07 Stang

ORIGINAL: dljpdx

I had a Garmin in my last car but haven't yet added it to my Mustang.
-snip-
djpdx, did you have the door molding put on your car or did you buy it already there? You know you can take it off without damaging the paint......it would look soooooo much better too!
Many rental cars have them on.
Hello,
It was on the car when I bought it. I intend to eventually remove it as well as redo the lower side striping (just have two stripes and get rid of the "Mustang" text).
I agree - it really does detract from the lines, and if I had the guts (or even was sure in the knowledge of how to remove it and any adhesive residue, as well as ensure there would not be a lighter strip of paint left behind), I'd do it myself. I'm assuming a heat gun and slow careful removal would get it and most adhesive off, then maybe some Goo-Gone, followed by a washing and good waxing of the area. Something like that...
But I was just going to throw an extra few bucks at whatever shop I eventually have redo the striping, to do it at the same time...
Old 05-06-2008, 06:03 AM
my06shaker
2nd Gear Member

I have the Garmin Nuvi 760. I got it from the GPS store. Great prices and customer service. It has bluetooth for your phone and traffic warning. Too many other features to list. Big screen and easy to use. I have the bean bag mount that sits on the dash. It won't move at all while you're driving. You will love it. Best part about the portable with that type mount is that you can readily take it down without leaving the nasty ring on your windshield and it moves from vehicle to vehicle without fuss. If your radio also comes with an RCA mini jack you can use a rca minijack to connect your radio to the garmin for handsfree calls through your cars radio system or listen to the voice commands through it.

http://www.thegpsstore.com/
Old 05-07-2008, 09:17 AM
tmsmith
3rd Gear Member

Went ahead and got it and wow do I love it. It has already saved me numerous times from getting lost.

Now if I can just figure out a way to wire the power wire in a more convenient and cleaner way.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:11 PM
outastockjohn
2nd Gear Member

i just got the garmin nuvi 260w the other day works great. i put it in the middle of my dash just above my flip screen, it clears and doesnt block my view.