Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Anyone got one of these?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 12:52 AM
tmsmith
3rd Gear Member

Default Anyone got one of these?

Was wondering if anyone has bought a GPS for there car. I'm looking into getting a GARMIN and was just wondering some opinions. Currently I am looking at this one:

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=10624

Also, where did you place it so it doesn't bulk up the dash to much? I don't really want an in dash one.
Old 01-27-2008, 01:02 AM
monty21

Default RE: Anyone got one of these?

well generally people put it in the middle of the dashboard...i put mine all the pay on the left side like near the left side mirrors...the only problem with putting it there is that the cord isnt long enough (or would get in teh way of ur steering wheel) to put in the lighter so u cant charge it....thats garmin one is really good though
Old 01-27-2008, 01:02 AM
monty21

im actually thinkign of upgrading to an in dash one the pioneer avic-z2 cuz i got a dvd player in my car too and this has both...
Old 01-27-2008, 01:07 AM
tmsmith
3rd Gear Member

What model are you currently using? Is it a Garmin?
Old 01-27-2008, 01:21 AM
monty21

no im using a pioneer portable one sorta ike yrs...but i kno this is the best one that garmin has its actaully pretty good my buddy has it...but for that price ur better off with an dual dvd and nav in dash navigation
Old 01-27-2008, 01:23 AM
tmsmith
3rd Gear Member

Eh.

What is a good brand for a the dual function? I used to have a pioneer in my older car, and wasn't very pleased with the interface that it used.
Old 01-27-2008, 01:29 AM
monty21

pioneer is usually pretty good i never had a bad experience with it...they have teh new double din one which is perfect for our mustangs pioneer avic z2 thats the newest one...alpine has pretty good ones on there site as well u shoudl take a look at it....also kenwood has a few...but alpine and pioneer are basically the best...cuz if ur gona pay that much might as well pay a bit more and get a dual right..
Old 01-27-2008, 01:41 AM
tmsmith
3rd Gear Member

I just don't see the point forking over another 400~ bucks for a DVD player... If I'm going to watch any DVDs, it wouldn't be in my car. Other than fitting more songs on a DVD, I don't see the point. And with an Ipod, that is sort of useless... I would be neat to have it in a convenient spot, in the dash but not for over $1000.

Love to hear what you end up doing. I'll probably just stick with the Garmin. Was doing a little research once you posted.
Old 01-27-2008, 01:47 AM
monty21

ya the garmin one is actually really good...its one of the best portable ones...the best one garmin has as far as i kno...i just dnt like that its not in dash....but either way it does the job right...its a good nav
Old 01-27-2008, 08:30 AM
07lane40
3rd Gear Member

theyre good systems, but i too would prefer the indash if possible. i think the garmin we got was around 500 and an indash was only a couuple more. but if you want a portable one you can take from car to car go with the garmin. thats the only thing that stopped us from going in-dash cause my dad takes long trips in his business and needs one too. but yeah. garmin is the way to go.