Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Vortech Intercooler!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 03:01 PM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

Default Vortech Intercooler!!!!!

Hey guys and gals. I was wondering if anyone knows of any intercoolers that are bigger than the tiny one that came with the vortech. Im looking for one of them big aluminum ones. I know there is someone here that has modded their's and I want to change mine. Anyone know of one that will work with my vortech setup?!!!! Thanks!!!
Old 01-28-2008, 06:27 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Vortech Intercooler!!!!!

chrisc has a different after/intercooler withhis vortechbut I'm not sure how it's going for him, hopefully he'll see this. Just to add a little something I was wondering about the vortech is:
1. Are there any mods you can make to a vortech to make it work more efficient(create more hp per psi)?
I was thinking the basic mods I hear onf/i set-ups but am not surebigger blow off/bypass valve, better after/intercooler, possible meth or other type of liquidinjection(no nitrous, and I know the x-charger gains at least 10rwhp from the wet-x kit), etc.) Any comments or input for this would be greatly appreciated. I am very curious.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:35 PM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

Probably the meth/water would be your best bet. bigger bypass valve won't do much for ya. At least I don't think so.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:45 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black Mamba GTT

Probably the meth/water would be your best bet. bigger bypass valve won't do much for ya. At least I don't think so.
Just wondering, you know any types of kits like this that will work with the vortech for our cars(I think it's the V2)?
Old 01-28-2008, 06:57 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

The thing about my setup is that it will not be a very swap from the Vortech system. Mine is an air-air cooler, while the Vortech has an air-water cooler. The air-water coolers will fit nicely under the hood like the factory one you have. If you get an air-air system, you must mount the entire thing behind the front bumper. That means you will have to fabricate routing system between the outlet of the blower to the inlet of the cooler. The tricky thing is, the blower is high in the engine bay, and the cooler is way far away. Then you have to do the same from the outlet of the cooler to the throttle body.

Apparently the air-air cooler that I have is much more effective than the regular Vortech coolers. I didnt get any IATs, but next time I am on a dyno I will do it. To give you an idea, after a hard drive, when I tough the pipe to the throttle, it is cold.

If you do this setup, you gotta get a good place to fab the tubes and a pretty good intercooler. They are not too expensive, but people have the urge to buy a cheap $200 ebay one.