Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

V6 To GT or......NOT

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 05:28 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: V6 To GT or......NOT

ORIGINAL: wolfey2k

No! Why? I baught my 4.0 pony package because IMO, it looks better than a stock GT. Much better! For what she has under her hood and with the few mods I have made, I can already give stock GT's a hard time and depending on the driver, I can woop some stock GT butt too!
When I throw in anx/c, ohhhhh nelly!
put the crack down.....by the x/c and then we can talk
Old 01-31-2008, 06:29 AM
ShadowWulf
2nd Gear Member

My V6 is my daily driver as well as my fun car. I can't really justify the extra expense of a GT.Sure it's faster, butI'm not looking to race everyJohny Highschoolinthier parent'sG35 who revs atme at a stoplight.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:26 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

You know just for fun, I asked my dealer what they would give me on a trade in and they quoted me at $17,900.....it WAS very tempting to trade it infor a GT, but reality kicked in, I owe NOTHING on my car now, why would I want to pay more $$ for another car with 2 more cylinders? Not to mention it would cost me more in gas as well.

The only thing I like about the GT is the sound.....other than that, I'm happy with my V6.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:45 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

I wanted a GT, I did not want anything else. I went to the dealership to buy a GT, but by the time they ran the numbers I could tell I could not get the car I wanted. I wanted leather, the IUP, and an auto. My main reason for buying my stang was because I needed a new car. We had just purchased a brand new fully loaded 07 Ford Edge for my wife, so unfortunately I had to watch the amount of money I could spend.

I found an 07 Windveil blue V6 with leather, IUP, auto and a few other things also. They worked a good deal for me and I bought, STILL wanted a GT though. After I having my V6 and seeing everything that is capable as far as modding, I want the GT less and less everyday.

There have been at least a half a dozen times I have looked up GT prices and considered trading in my 6, I even told my wife I was going to do it. And all she said was, "why? just put your S/C on it". Once I get done adding my mods and vortech, the ONLY reason I would want a GT would be for the sound.

Now in your case, you have most of the mods, so unless you wanted to go to a stock GT so you can add more mods to get more power, I think trading in your ride for a stock GT would actually be a step down. Truth is a modded turbo V6 is faster than a stock GT, so unless you plan on modding the GT, you will be losing speed but only gaining potential. Second is you will be losing all suspension and exterior mods also.

If I saw your car in a dealership next to a stock GT for the same price, I would have been driving your 6er off the lot.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:47 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: merdix9

I think alot of what makes people want the GT is influence from others around them. I'm a senior in highschool and all I hear about from other kids is, "if only your car was a GT"

I think it's the extra 2 cylinders and the sound of all that power.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:48 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

ORIGINAL: wolfey2k

No! Why? I baught my 4.0 pony package because IMO, it looks better than a stock GT. Much better! For what she has under her hood and with the few mods I have made, I can already give stock GT's a hard time and depending on the driver, I can woop some stock GT butt too!
When I throw in anx/c, ohhhhh nelly!
put the crack down.....by the x/c and then we can talk

Now that made me chuckle.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:55 AM
ScreamingYellow2005
2nd Gear Member

I would trade cuz i'm stock lol but i would only do it if it was and 05 screaming yellow gt lol
Old 01-31-2008, 08:14 AM
viperrmk
3rd Gear Member

I think alot of what makes people want the GT is influence from others around them. I'm a senior in highschool and all I hear about from other kids is, "if only your car was a GT" and this is coming from kids who have never driven or dont know anything about mustangs. If you truly love your car and love what you do to it than you should keep it. If you have the money to invest in making the car as fast as you want it than more power to you. I personally enjoy the looks on people's faces when I tell them it's a six.

I'm with you on this one. Just think of it this way, if you where racing do you want someone to say "hey thats a fast GT". Or "HOLY $HIT WAS THAT A ****IN' V6 THAT PAST US"?!?!??

I got my car because its different, and I want to see what the V6 can do. Everyone knows what a GT is capable of doing. Why not be a little different.

Just my two cents.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:01 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: viperrmk

I think alot of what makes people want the GT is influence from others around them. I'm a senior in highschool and all I hear about from other kids is, "if only your car was a GT" and this is coming from kids who have never driven or dont know anything about mustangs. If you truly love your car and love what you do to it than you should keep it. If you have the money to invest in making the car as fast as you want it than more power to you. I personally enjoy the looks on people's faces when I tell them it's a six.

I'm with you on this one. Just think of it this way, if you where racing do you want someone to say "hey thats a fast GT". Or "HOLY $HIT WAS THAT A ****IN' V6 THAT PAST US"?!?!??

I got my car because its different, and I want to see what the V6 can do. Everyone knows what a GT is capable of doing. Why not be a little different.

Just my two cents.

You could put the same mods on a GT and people would say Holy crap, WTF was that? I didn't even get a good look at it.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:06 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Go troll somewhere else.

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

ORIGINAL: merdix9

I think alot of what makes people want the GT is influence from others around them. I'm a senior in highschool and all I hear about from other kids is, "if only your car was a GT"

I think it's the extra 2 cylinders and the sound of all that power.