Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

what does it take to beat stock gt

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 02:42 PM
Buckman
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: what does it take to beat stock gt

Cut it out, he wants to BEAT the stock GT. After that, he'll want to BEAT a bolt on GT and then after that BEAT a basic blown GT. It won't stop because you'll always find a quicker car so build the ebast right; don't mess with a few pounds of boost. Get er up to 20 pounds at elast and run racing fuel so you can get real aggressive with your tune. Then you can go BEAT most cars on the street...OI VAY
Obviously you have no clue what you are talking about. Live through it, experience it on your car and then maybe try to hand out advice.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:59 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: torque_is_good

ORIGINAL: Buckman

Seriously, if that is what you want either

A; trade it in for a new GT

B; sell it and get a used GT

or the next 3 steps

C: beef up the internals, change the rear end and driveshaft

D; if you have a manny tranny then upgrade it or put a trans brake in on the automatic

E; get a turbocharger and run 20 pounds of boost
You don't "need" to beef up the internals. All the runs I made were on stock block. I ran 60+ times down the track on the stock 7.5 rear w/ tlok as well, although I can only speak about the auto trans, not the manual.
You certainly don't need to run 20 lbs of boost!
I hit 12.20 on 11 lbs and I think Fazm has hit that number with less boost now.
In my opinion you can run 13 lbs/high 11's very consistently and reliably on the stock block.
The only reason I blew my motor was I wanted to push the stock block right to the edge, so introduced a 75 shot to the equation. Was pushing 500 rwhp and ungodly amounts of torque, but it gave me a good indication of what exactly this engine was capable of doing.

Cut it out, he wants to BEAT the stock GT. After that, he'll want to BEAT a bolt on GT and then after that BEAT a basic blown GT. It won't stop because you'll always find a quicker car so build the ebast right; don't mess with a few pounds of boost. Get er up to 20 pounds at elast and run racing fuel so you can get real aggressive with your tune. Then you can go BEAT most cars on the street...OI VAY
On the stock block, with 13lbs of boost with the turbo, you can run high 11's all day long on the 4.0, and beat MOST cars on the street. Unlike myself and a few others, there are many folks that can buy a car, set a ET or HP goal and be done with the car.

The question was posted, and answered.

BTW. What does your car run? Built block?
Old 02-01-2008, 03:10 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

This thread is cracking me up, rygen and buckman your killing me
Old 02-01-2008, 03:33 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

This guy torque is good must be having a bad day. A guy asks a simple question and you give a douchebag response. Come on, leave him alone. And the plan your giving him is for like an 9sec you crazy SOB. Plus, I think Rygen and Buckman know what they're talking about, you do know they are the 2 fastest 4.0'son this forum w/timesthat you probably couldn't accomplish unless you had at least$8k to drop.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:40 PM
torque_is_good
2nd Gear Member

Obviously you have no clue what you are talking about. Live through it, experience it on your car and then maybe try to hand out advice.
Not on this car, you are correct, another car, you betcha. My point is don't stop at 8 pounds because if you want to beat a stock GT, then do it right so you can beat other cars. You can drive around with low boost but once you meet the next, bigger faster guy, you want to be faster. The desire never stops; you want to be faster and faster. I guess I get too knee-jerk reactionary because where do you want to beat people??? On the street? Nothing aggravates me more than inexperienced drivers with too powerful of machines. Try burying a friend who was street racing and you will understand. I'm heading off subject here and wish him well. He can go FI without mods but the desire to increase the boost is always there. I've learned the hard way and thus why I stand by my post and if you couldn't tell, going to 20 pounds was a jab because why not just go big so you can beat everyone on the street. I'm out
Old 02-02-2008, 06:03 PM
Buckman
3rd Gear Member

Not on this car, you are correct, another car, you betcha. My point is don't stop at 8 pounds because if you want to beat a stock GT, then do it right so you can beat other cars. You can drive around with low boost but once you meet the next, bigger faster guy, you want to be faster. The desire never stops; you want to be faster and faster. I guess I get too knee-jerk reactionary because where do you want to beat people??? On the street? Nothing aggravates me more than inexperienced drivers with too powerful of machines. Try burying a friend who was street racing and you will understand. I'm heading off subject here and wish him well. He can go FI without mods but the desire to increase the boost is always there. I've learned the hard way and thus why I stand by my post and if you couldn't tell, going to 20 pounds was a jab because why not just go big so you can beat everyone on the street. I'm out
Well, you explained your original post a little clearer, and actually I agree with it in theory as there is always bigger, always faster, etc...
Still, the original thread was about taking on a stock GT, so I tried to answer accordingly.
As far as street racing, all who know me know my stance on it. I absolutely refuse to street race and am a firm believer of taking it to the track.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:21 PM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

Lets see a buddy ran 13.27 on a Stock 2005 GT so I would say a 13.26...

Seriously you will need a power adder.
4.0 M5 or A5
26.0" MT ET Street Radials.
3.55 LSD8.8 Takeout from a GT
Takeoff GT Muffler.
CAI/Tune
Nitrous Express Kit with 75 rwhp Jets.
Leave on the Bottle.

Old 02-02-2008, 06:34 PM
torque_is_good
2nd Gear Member

[q
W
As far as street racing, all who know me know my stance on it. I absolutely refuse to street race and am a firm believer of taking it to the track.

Amen brother, Amen. Whenever I see posts asking how to be faster, I just want to break out my soapbox and beg the poster to do it on the track. Bad memories
Old 02-02-2008, 07:08 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

i wonder what my car would run on 20psi lol.

probably around a 10.50 or quicker if i made it through in 1 piece.

im confident that leaving hard 9psi can net me an 11.99 or quicker.

so a stock gt im pretty sure i could take down on 4-5psi.

yes something is always faster. hell i got beat in my trans am against a boxy lookin nova. and my trans am ran 8s lol
Old 02-02-2008, 09:31 PM
07droptop
I ♥ Acer

you bes bet.......and im talking for many years of experience here would be...........

probably a

1-80psi turnable activator (with safty switch)
2- dual power distribution housing with air pockets
3. and a 3 power setting cordless drill

i would suggest a good tuner plus tune to go with these as well

Quick Reply: what does it take to beat stock gt