Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

cervinis side exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 12:02 PM
landon.moss
2nd Gear Member

Default cervinis side exhaust

has anyone with a v6 done this?i aboutwet myself when i saw it.i love side exhaust...have 4 into 1 side pipes on my muscle car and would really like em on the mustang, but wondering what it sounds like with a v6....also are there too many clearance issues....i do not have my car lowered nor do i plan on it...also how hard is it to install the body kit pieces...do they glue on or bolt........lots of questions but i'm used to old american steel muscle where you bolt crap on with SAE instead of metric and there's almost no plastic :P haha j/k

[/align]
Old 02-02-2008, 12:28 PM
musicheadt
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: cervinis side exhaust

Roush passed on making a side exhaust system for this car due to "ground clearance issues" Cervinis made the side-exhaust system with replacement rocker panels. A few people have tried the Cervini system and have had ground clearance issues on stock (non-lowered) cars. If I was going to attempt this mod, I would go with the Cervinni side skirts/rocker panels, and have EVERYTHING ELSE custom bent to correct any clearance issues. Keep us posted if you decide to get this done??
Old 02-06-2008, 09:54 AM
Epimetheus
2nd Gear Member

I have seen several threads on the side exhaust and Cervini’s is the only company that is producing the side exhaust kit as of right now. There are several out there that are trying to overcome the clearance issues and from what I have heard that is why ROUSH turned it down. I plan on doing this mod. but I am waiting my time until Cervini’s overcomes the clearance problem or another company comes up with a better setup. This is an expensive set up and Cervini’s will not refund your money if you run your exhaust through it. So once you turn the car on it is yours no matter what. I also talked to Jay one of their reps and he told me that the clearance issue comes from the rocker panels. The exhaust tips run under the stock rocker panels and the skirt they provide covers the stock rocker panel and the exhaust tips.

You can call them and they will provide you with as much information as possible and they are always informative and polite. Just remember they are there to get you to buy the product.

Good luck
Old 02-06-2008, 08:31 PM
landon.moss
2nd Gear Member

idk about the side exhaust anymore...i love it, but idk...plus the cost...could just go duals, but i wanna stand out a lil more....i could build my own exhaust - i've done it before on different cars/trucks...doesn't look too complicated...then i could just get a body kit and cut out the exhaust holes...and then put some chrome trim around the hole to cover up any raggedy edges......idk...time will tell, but hoping to get something done this summer

[/align]